Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Anthony and Cleopatra

Your Sebbies are adorable, and I love their names!
love.gif

Not sure. I still plan to have barley and my greys vent sexed when it is time to have Spirit rechecked. But of the 3 buffs I just bought, one of the girls drawfs the boy. I have pics of my new babies to be and will post them tomorrow too. Look forward to comparing them with yours!

Is your special girl thriving, if a bit off in her own world?

I'll wait and get good camera shots tomorrow and post them. Son's blue Runners are really looking weird right now, lol, and I want to get some nice pics of my Silkie chicks, and my Call babies. I'll just have a big photo shoot!
big_smile.png

She's doing alright. She's not growing as fast as the others, but she is growing. Definitely has her head in the clouds most of the time. Loopy probably would have been a more fitting name, lol. She is truly a sweetie, though.

Well...this grey baby just isn't giving me any hope. If it's still alive in the morning, I'll be blown away. At least Butters had tons of energy....this baby is the total opposite. The other two are continuing to gain strength and coordination. They motor around pretty good, just not totally up on their feet yet. I'm off to bed...will see what morning brings.

Another Lady asked to be on the "Waiting list" if the Wolves have puppies. That makes like the 70th person on the list
th.gif
. I really doubt I'll even let them breed.

I'll just have a big photo shoot!
big_smile.png

Thats the BEST way! Can't wait
pop.gif

AWWWWWW....so PRECIOUS!!!!
love.gif

Is Lucy possibly a buff American?

That would have been my guess... or something buff
lau.gif

She's suppose to be a Toulouse. But Celtic thought she kinda looked like a Sebbie

Hmmmm a sebbie ??
gig.gif

Ok my billionth guess the color question...So what color do you all think these muscovies will be? The colors never show up well in the photos. If nothing else a good chance to show off the cuties.

The left most duckling could be white or buff

this one doesn't show up well but the feathers look blue/brown/white all on the same feather

Where's Duckgirl when we need her? She knows how to tell breeds & will tell you exactly what they are!!
lau.gif

So my ultra-helpful hubby is trying to help me sell ducklings and hatching service...

ep.gif
th.gif
lau.gif

Applewoods! I wonder if they're good smoked?

I'm not mocking him, he was laughing when I corrected him.

I had to add that "waterfoul" may be technically correct, however...
lau.gif
I like the Kakey Cambells ~ Do they taste better frosted or in soup?

Hi everyone! Just passing through, but had to say hello.

Hello SM, QJ. GC, DG, Kevin, Celtic, Iain, and Jazz -

Today I put the little "Quacky Campbells" in with the goslings in an outdoor grassy pool area for daytime.

Heres the "mixing It" pic.....

OLAH Marty ! Cute babies ~
Barley is way sagging and getting a dewlap too! He/she has a lot of wing feathers coming in and is losing the fuzz on neck. I will get a pic in the morning and post.
I bought the trio tonight and will be shipped on Tuesday! They are 3-4 weeks old and smaller than barley, so I think they should get along ok.
big_smile.png

I hear ya about the Cayuga hatching, but I am not killing myself to help it. Either it makes it on it's own, or it doesn't. And with my luck, it will hatch and be a boy.
Hope your grey improves!
GO CAYUGA !!! I am on team Cayuga
woot.gif
You will have to name it ~ Ranger

so i fully expected to wake up to a dead duckling .
but this little guy is determined.
i dont know that he'll make it but he sure is trying.
i put him in a cup to try to get him in a normal position but so far he keeps flinging himself out which means he is strong enough to do so .
2 other babies are in cuos.
a little snowy whi isnt quite getting the jist on her legs.
and a blue bibbed whos one leg wont cooperate

on the bright side i have 3 happy healthy ZOOMY babies.
a snowy. a grey,
and i think the other is a blue bibbed (im drawing a total blank on it)
so soon they will be leaving the bator.
the little snowy is soo funny i opened the bator to pull out the icu baby to give vitamins (and clip the hanging yolk sack off bcuz it smelled horrible)
and she comes zooming up and stops directly infront of me as if to ask what im doing

Hey Still, good to see you back on here. The babies look good, glad you are enjoying them. Lucy is from one of Amy's eggs right? If so then not an American. Could be a Toulouse/Sebbie cross, or a smooth Sebbie as she does have curly and smoothes and has the right colors to potentially have buff pop up.

However Lucy has angel wing in both wings, and needs wrapped sooner rather than later to get it corrected. Two main causes or most likely effecting factors is feed with too high of protein and not enough outside time. Some goslings are predisposed to it, but usually it traces back to the feed being the issue. There is lots of angel wing info online. Up at the top of the duck area Herron BYC is a sticky for wrapping.

Back
Top Bottom