Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

no problem and hi again
frow.gif

Oh, hi Wulf! Sorry, thought I had you on the list. Since I forgot you, you also get a hug.
hugs.gif

frow.gif

Single stall shipper or Omni box would hold them fine and not require packing peanuts for the trip.

They are too old to be in the chick boxes Caroile uses since they don't have bio filters in them. Any bird over 72 hours old has to be in a box with bio filters.

Last edited:
I'll check with her to see if those are the kinds of boxes she uses. She said she had a larger box than what she uses for the goslings you all have received, but she wasn't sure if the bigger box was big enough to fit all 3. I want to make sure these babies get here safe!!

this was the incubator as of lastnight (3 babies are now up and out)

my critical baby, before he got the excess snipped off.

my 3 mobile babies i will get better pics after while once they fluff up more.

the juvies got to swim in a big duckie pool for a few hrs yetserday

$23 for three chicken eggs? Are these the rare and hard to hatch jumbo elephantitis chickens? Double boxing runs us around 17, sometimes a little more for larger eggs.
lau.gif

Nope just orpington eggs !
Steep loss of quail... we're down to 20-30 from over 50 hatching. Didn't realize they needed so much room and are really brutal little things. On the other hand "Survival of the fittest" so we will design and build new brooders before we hatch any more of the little buggers,lol
Its amazing how much ROOM quail need so they don't cull eachother, Thats why I originally built the 4x4 brooder with dividers, so I could keep them at 25 - to a brooder. MESSY to & who would have thunk that those little sheets could eat sooo much!
You find all the good deals!

I just do alot of research ~ I bet there is a mill around you too! Most times there is no minimum, you just have to bring your own bags/containers for the feed
Here is a pic of my new trio of buffs. Wish they were already on their way... but with memorial day holiday, Carole felt it best to wait until Tuesday to ship.
VERY SWEET !!!
love.gif
Any names picked out??
ok, smarty pants. I said purple because I didn't know what the right color word was. It's darker so I'd say more lavender than lilac. If that sounds right.

I'll get a pic, but it's be a minute. I have to run for feed right quick.
gig.gif
Are you sure they don't have some pink to?

Yay for the PO!
UH HUH
he.gif
Hopefully they like live babies better than guinea eggs!

As promised.... when I took Barley & co. out to their side yard this morning, I brought my camera. Got a fun sequence of shots. The ONLY thing Barley is not scared of are my cats, and my cats don't get it because they like Barley & co. But Barley always chases the cats away whenever they get too close. First shot is Barley announcing that cat came into yard... then Barley chases it back through window (ie cat door) and marches back all proud of herself for taking care of the cat.

Back
Top Bottom