Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

i have good and bad news.

bad news is my critical babies died .

good news.
the 2 leg issue babies. got moved to the brooder.
still slightly wobbly.
but are much better than earlier in the day .
=)
Ah bummer! I was hoping for better news for them
hugs.gif
Glad the others are improving!

dutch.
i love my blue bibbeds
i need to get pics of the 2 juvi girls up close.
they are soo beautiful.
the one girl has a fawn colored patch on her cheek it looks funny

Utah....Barley has wing feathers growing!!! Very cool! There is probably a week between Barley and Simon. I can see where his wing feathers are starting. I keep calling him Tubby, lol And tell him to pull up his pants! lol

Fingers crossed I sell some ducks to this dude.
I know the feeling. I'm talking with about six different people about ducks. But... I still have nine ducklings and two juvies that are all for sale. And I may end up with a free drake. That's not how selling is supposed to work, is it?
lau.gif
barnie.gif

I just sold 2 ducks that I'm pretty sure will be coming back to me in a month. Maybe not.. just never had ducks before and REALLY wanted a couple. They are going to stay in contact with me to ask any questions. I almost didn't sell them.. but then I thought. "ya know? you gotta start somewhere."
I have an emergency take-back policy for all ducklings I sell. Haven't gotten any of my own back yet.

Yep ANOTHER one ~ right next to the pool, saw it when I was getting ready to dump it for fresh water ! Barely saw it too. Weird BeetleJuice Cayugas! I am collecting them for another 3 days & then I will set them in 6 egg increments... Why do you want a few ???
I want some Cayuga eggs! :)
bow.gif

i have good and bad news.

bad news is my critical babies died .

good news.
the 2 leg issue babies. got moved to the brooder.
still slightly wobbly.
but are much better than earlier in the day .
=)
hugs.gif

CG, sorry you lost the critical babies.

Dutch, glad your babies are doing better!! Yep, Barley has lots of wing and tail feathers. You can even see the proper coloring coming through on face and neck under the fuzz now. But Barley is still my biggest baby ever. I love him/her so much!!

Well... after further discussion with hubby, we decided to turn the extra drakes loose by the main pond. It has two shelters around it for them to hide in, but we appreciate their days are numbered now that they are on pasture 24/7. It was bittersweet, because I knew I was letting them go (in a sense), but they looked so very happy swimming on the pond surrounded by lots of open acreage of pasture. The coop/yard looks really empty now with only 8 ducks (soon to be 7) left in it.

Back
Top Bottom