Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Glad to hear she is improving! Can you not flatten it out to tape it yet? Or is that not an option?

I think Butters is taking a step backwards. Respirations seem to be a lot faster than they should be. Put him back into the hospital ward with the newbies. I was going to move the newbies into a brooder tonight, but since Butters is not acting right, decided to keep them with him until morning.

This little duckling escaped the playpen mulitple times to hang out with me today (sorry about my ugly mug):

Check it out, it's a chuck, ducken, something like that:
love.gif
That duckling has such a sweet face!

Check out this beautiful duck! It's runner x this duck:
Very cool looking! Crosses can make some of the prettiest birds.

Jaz...here you go sista! Believe that!

My little subjects were not so cooperative, so my photo shoot didn't go as planned, lol. But I still got some cute pics.

Son's Runner Drake, Indy. He is such a cool drake, and the feathers coming in are beautiful!

The new buff girl....

Simon's big ole butt!

Marcel....I love up-close head shots. I see their personalities in their faces.

The crew....From left to right: Simone, Marceau, Maddie, Simon, Marcel

Simon is huge!

Simon and Marcel...love those headshots!

Tiny babies...

Such a cute wittle face!

Butters on the right...he was a bit stressed, and didn't seem like he felt very well. Went promptly back to the hospital ward.

Grey baby....hollering like I'm killing him!

A splash, and a blue Silkie doing the hokey pokey, got her right foot in....lol

Filthy buff Silkies

Butterscotch Calls, BF Call, Grey Call, and Silkies

And my favorite pic of the week....Blue Fawn to the left, Grey to the right, Butterscotch up front. The butter looks bigger due to the angle, he's actually a bit smaller. Cute, Cute, Cute!

Oh my goodness Quackrrs and Dutch! Cuteness overload!!! Love them! Look at Simon, he looks like he has giant hairy
Balls :)

Last edited:
Love the pics, Quackers and Dutch!! Dutch, it is wild to see the different sizes. Simon really dwarfs them all. He's a chunky monkey!

Quackers, how are your bday silkie eggs doing??

Dutch, I don't think flattening Spirit's foot would do any good, as her ankle is curved the wrong way. But, her toes were stiff to the touch before and now there is some flexion, so hoping that there may be a way to provide better surface area on her club foot. However, since she motors around like she is not a gimp and seems happy, I would hate to interfere and make it worse when clearly she is still internally fixing it herself. I'll take an updated pic of her feet on Sunday (day 14), and show you the self-correction she has done from day 1 - day 7 - day 14.

Cayuga egg seems to be quitting on me. I think it is stuck in membrane and cannot push into air cell. Strength in movement getting slower and slower. I am not assisting it. I feel bad, but am very relieved to not have any more day old babies, much less a solo one. I am looking forward to having my house empty again and enjoying watching my 3 dozen babies grow up this summer. I imagine I'll be itching to hatch again this fall, but for now I'm going to be a happy camper once my bators and brooding lamps get turned off.
big_smile.png

They are all pretty birds....but you can ship me the blue and chocolate bibbed ones
big_smile.png
The white on the blues is striking!

I saw that! I was like, wow, you didn't get beeped!
lau.gif
if i had more than 1 choc bibbed i would (if i could)
but since she is my old chocolate she is all mine =)
and yes teh blue bibbed girls are stunning.
the one with the brown spot on her cheek really crack me up .
now if she just had a corresponding spot on the other side it would be adorable

Tiny babies...

Such a cute wittle face!

Butters on the right...he was a bit stressed, and didn't seem like he felt very well. Went promptly back to the hospital ward.

Grey baby....hollering like I'm killing him!

A splash, and a blue Silkie doing the hokey pokey, got her right foot in....lol

Filthy buff Silkies

Butterscotch Calls, BF Call, Grey Call, and Silkies

And my favorite pic of the week....Blue Fawn to the left, Grey to the right, Butterscotch up front. The butter looks bigger due to the angle, he's actually a bit smaller. Cute, Cute, Cute!
oh my ductch!!!
they are SOOO adorable
i love the betters

Back
Top Bottom