Three new dog breeds recognized by AKC

To bad the Corsi had to change so much for the new American standards. Happens to all my breeds once they go AKC.
I'll still keep them though. They eat less than a 4lb Toy Poodle. I have proof. LOL

A leonberger sounds tasty
smile.png

Yes I hate to see good breed go AKC It 'Americanizes' the breed and that is usually so far from the 'true standard' of the breed that they might as well give it a new name too!

The breed I hav enow and am working with has 2 different breed clubs both bustin the butts to get AKC recog. and they just can't get it through their heads that they are actually condeming a really neat breed of dog!

That is another reason I try to stay away from breed clubs now.

Kim~
owner of a True French Bred and Born Berger Picardy Shepherd~~

AKC sets the breed standard to suit themselves. They don't care how they change the breed. It is actually the breeders that take their dogs and go to AKC that ruin the breeds.

Just look at what they have done to Australian Shepherds. If you want a really dedicated working Aussie, you have to go to an ASCA (Australian Sheperd Club of America) breeder to get a good dog.

Most of the Corso people didn't want to go AKC either, going with AKC for the CC was politically motivated by competition between clubs. The only good thing about it is that it opened up the possiblity for more working events, obedience comps etc....

Wolfetracks, both the American and Italian sides had alot of conflict and inconsistancy in the breedings, both sides have their issues..... lets not bring that old debate here! You probably know how obsessively passonate the CC people can be, myself included!
wink.png

Also, AKC does not set the breed standards. It's the parent breed club that is responsible for the standards. In my case, the Cane Corso's parent or recognized breed club was the ICCF (International Cane Corso Federation)... when they petitioned to become the parent club, they had to change the name to a more "American" based name.... The Cane Corso Association of America... They were responsible for providing the standard discriptions for the breed, and is the club recognized as the authority for the breed, so any standard changes must be done through the CCAA club, not the AKC. The AKC is just a registry organization.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom