THREE SISTERS

Here is my corn, the pole beans are in there somewhere lol. The plant on the bottom right is my summer squash.
My zuchini
My cucumber
My bush beans
My mammoth sunflowers
Not sure why my zuchini is a yellowish green color though.

Last edited:
I think so lol this is the first time i planted a garden my brother has the green thumb of the family but decided not to grow anything this year but i wanted some home grown veggies for my girls.
jumpy.gif

I think so lol this is the first time i planted a garden my brother has the green thumb of the family but decided not to grow anything this year but i wanted some home grown veggies for my girls.
jumpy.gif

I happened to see this today when looking for different corn varieties to plant next year.

http://www.burpee.com/vegetables/co...673.html?omn2pd=bz&catId=1000&trail=1014:2013

It's a red colored corn but not one of the heirlooms being discussed in this thread. It's marketed a new SE hybrid that is

1. very sweet when the kernels are red
2. it doesn't get chewy like heirlooms do.

I have to admit being able to bite into a red kernel without loosing teeth is tempting but it would violate my goal of only using heirlooms.

It's an interesting possibility regardless. I wonder if it has the improved nutrition of the colored heirlooms?

Are your zucchini plants setting female flowers? Or perhaps just male blossoms??? If you're getting female blossoms, but no fruit, it could be related to temperature. Is it super hot where you are???

Back
Top Bottom