Ticks

I have discovered a new tick and flea drop that also is effective for dermetitis/itching. It is called Promeris, smells like eucalyptus when you put it on. So far it seems to be working well. It is only available through a vet and the cost is comparable to Frontline.

Katy - you are most certainly right ... there are ticks in Colorado, mostly in the mountains. We just don't have them out here on the plains of Eastern Colorado.

Quote:
I could send you some from the plains of Kansas!!
smile.png

Katy wrote: " I could send you some from the plains of Kansas!! smile"

Oh, you are too sweet, but I just couldn't cross state lines with them. You know ... interstate tax and all....
gig.gif

I agree!!!!!!!! Big, bad tick year! My cat even has them and I don't believe I've ever had a cat with ticks before...seems they are good at keeping them pulled off, but this poor critter has at least 3-4 ticks either attached or crawling in his fur every evening. He is a mighty hunter and hunts in the hayfields next door. The dogs are confined to the yard and are still rampant with them....I had one crawling on my neck this evening!!! Ick!

The ticks are bad here also even with free ranging guineas. I have tried everything and so far nothing is working. I wish you all the best with finding something. I will contuine the search.

When I took my four dogs in to get their hair cuts (hairs cut?) yesterday, the groomer found a tick on one of them. Holy Tamale.

I've had them on Advantage for quite a while because I didn't think ticks were such a problem, and it's definitely less toxic than the Advantix. However, this morning I found another tick on another of the dogs, so I dashed off to the vet to pick up some Advantix.

Advantage does NOT prevent or kill ticks. It is for fleas only. Advantix will deal with both.

I am curious, though what other meds people are using. I do NOT like ticks OR fleas!!!!!

Susan

To be quite honest, I've had the most success with the good ol' flea and tick collars when it comes to preventing ticks. I just went and got a couple for the dogs. I've tried all the drops from the vet and none of them really seem to work for my dogs and I won't use them on the cat....a friend of mine's cat had seizures after using Advantage. I will be using the old fashioned flea and tick powder on the cat.

Would flea collar work on chicken?
One side of my pen had flea problem. At first, the birds seems to had black little bumps on their face, but when I took closer look, holly cow, they are fleas. I use 7 dust on them, it seems to work right now, I spray the whole yard too, I think those little bugs are real pest, they can be hard to get ride of. Anyone have better solution?

Back
Top Bottom