tips and secrets of the GQF 1502 sportsman...

Following because I want to switch my older 1502 (plywood) from wafer to digital. What are the recommened thermostats?
I realize this post is a few months old. I put in one from GQF. It works great. I have had many successful hatches since. My wafer thermostat did fluctuate more than my electronic. I made an homemade hatcher/incubator from styrofoam and my heat source is two 15 watt incandescent bulbs and a fan. Previously I had one and it burnt out one night so I modified it and put two bulbs in. Without the thermostat 2 bulbs will cook the chicks. Prior to the thermostat in the homemade one, I used a dimmer switch. Not good, but was ok. I was sure to check it often.

The plastic trays are not square. One side is slightly longer. Try turning them 90 degrees and they should fit....
I don't know what your trays look like but this is mine. I actually put s piece of foam along one side in each tray because my racks fit loose.
IMG_20160314_132237.jpg
IMG_20160418_163400.jpg

Won't fit.... I think this is what the other person was saying was happening....

20180506_210406.jpg

Rotate the trays 90 degrees and they will fit... the trays are not perfectly square. Both trays will only fit on the shelf one way... at least the quail trays anyway...

20180506_210430.jpg

I add a piece of cardboard so they don't slide...

20180415_215545.jpg

Back
Top Bottom