To brine, or not to brine?

You can try both ways to keep your chicken meat either brined or not. The brined meat with herbs is very tasted for grill as well. And I would also suggest tinned stewed meat. It is tasty and always ready to eat at hand. The important point is just keeping your meat in proper food containers. I have solved this problem when found good containers. The vast choice of them tumbled upon place: https://allinpackaging.co.uk/food-packaging/

There is a restaurant chain around the country called Pollo Loco, (Spanish for crazy chicken). They have a very delicious grilled chicken that you crave because it tastes so good. We had a similar restaurant in Corpus Christi that made a very similar chicken but are no longer in business so my cravings go on so I plan to use this brine to marinate my chicken and maybe even vacuum seal some chicken in this brine. The ingredients are
This is a copy recipe that is said to taste just like Pollo Loco. The yellow food coloring is optional. Directions are to mix all of the ingredients but save 1/4 of the liquid to use for basting while grilling.

I will definitely try this recipe out with fresh chicken when I get to that point. I have tried it with store bought chicken and it is pretty tasty. (I used much more garlic (6-8 cloves) thinking that this recipe was a little on the weak side when it comes to garlic flavor).
This sounds amazing, although i would call it more of a marinade than a "brine". I am certainly going to try this on a rotisserie chicken.... brushing it on all thru the cooking. Thanks for sharing.

This sounds amazing, although i would call it more of a marinade than a "brine". I am certainly going to try this on a rotisserie chicken.... brushing it on all thru the cooking. Thanks for sharing.
Yes....you are correct. It is more of a marinade than a brine. (I would add more garlic or marinate it for at least 24 hours). Let us know how you like the flavor.

Back
Top Bottom