To Make An Olive Egger......Legbar?????

I am planning to try a Cream Legbar x Crele Penesedenca back to a Crele Penesedenca. anyone heard of this cross? It will be interesting to see if these auto sex breeds will produce a auto sex chick? regardless should be a stunning bird. Roosters for sure. with a cool spin on the olive egg.

I am not sure on that. I have heard varying answers. both my barnedeveler x lavender ameraucana crosses produced nice olive eggs and they do not have pea combs so. not 100% sure
if you have pure ameraucanas the ALL of your F1s will have pea combs, if they are just mutts(easter eggers) then you are one of the few breeders that got lucky(about 4%) and got a few recombinants...

I am planning to try a Cream Legbar x Crele Penesedenca back to a Crele Penesedenca. anyone heard of this cross? It will be interesting to see if these auto sex breeds will produce a auto sex chick? regardless should be a stunning bird. Roosters for sure. with a cool spin on the olive egg.

The F1 cross should be autosexing, as should crossing the F1 back with CPs. The F1s will be heterozygous for blue egg gene which is dominant ans will be expressed. Brown is dominant, but I'm not clear on the dark brown, it may be incompletely dominant, thus lighter when heterozygous. I would expect the F1 females would lay olive eggs.

Crossing back you would lose the blue egg gene on about half the offspring (or the brown if you crossed back on the CLs instead of the CPs).

I have 3 f1 pullets laying brown eggs. They are cream leg bar roo over fbc Maran crosses. If I breed them back to a different cream leg bar roo what color will the eggs be and will they be auto sexing?

Back
Top Bottom