TODAY WAS THE DAY Update PG 10!!

Sit up straight and speak clearly.

Remind yourself why you want this job and why you feel you are the best person for the job.

Be confident, but not arrogant.

Let us know how it goes!
thumbsup.gif

omg i swear you all are helping me like crazy over here!
thumbsup.gif
hugs.gif

i have a pen and pad right now writing all this stuff down

these tips and advice is so awesome thank you all so much!

when i am nervous my mind sometimes goes blank witch is a bad thing i know so i am gonna do my best to keep my cool and stay confident

again this is all new to me

keep it coming!

hugs.gif

Great advice. I would also make sure you fit in the fact that you have animals and are solely responsible for their care....etc etc

Firm hand shake, eye contact and yes maam etc etc are ubber important. To leave a lasting impression... thank the interviewing for taking the time to speak with you and consider you for the position and tell them that you look forward to hearing from them.

All of the advice I see given here was great. You are going to do fine, I feel it! I will pray that God works his will for you and that he give you the confidence to do your best tomorrow
wink.png

hugs.gif
Got get em, Mark!

Last edited:
Don't get distracted. Maybe there is other people waiting to be interviewed or your friend drops you off. Sometimes little things can throw people off their game. The only thing you should be thinking about is how great you would be at this job. This intensity shouldn't make you nervous, remember you are interviewing them too.

Don't forget to smile and show that you have personality. Think about what they will want in an employee:

1. Reliability
2. Commitment
3. Excellent Customer Service
4. Self-motivation
5. Ability to help them sell more
6. Easy to manage
7. Gets along with others
8. WANTS to work and is not just marking time.
9. Follows instructions

Don't get too personal, but be warm....you do that with your body language, eye contact, a warm smile and firm handshake.

As previously advised, practice tell them what you can do that will help them. You want to let them know you are a team play who is flexible and someone they can count on to be there and be at work while you are there. You want them to know that you like people and animals.

There's nothing wrong with telling them that THIS job, in particular, is one you really want and that you're a bit nervous because it means so much to you. Don't belabor the point, but admitting you are nervous in a short statement isn't a bad thing.

Good luck!! Let your confidence in yourself overcome your nerves. You know this is a great job for you! Use that confidence to your advantage. When you go there, remember that you know your animals!

We'll all rooting for you!!
yippiechickie.gif

Mark? You? Nervous?
smile.png
Don't be! Listen to the great advice here, and just be your wonderful self!
hugs.gif
I'll be thinking positive, calming thoughts for you all day Friday... it's yours!!

Back
Top Bottom