Today's temperature = # of eggs.

So
The high 28 degrees. Freezing rain and ice falling out of the sky. School closed at 9:30 am. We have 22 chicks that lay received a grand total of 4 eggs today.

Sounds like you might live not too far from me...that was exactly our weather yesterday. I was amazed to get 4/5! That's the first time they've done that..maybe they liked the weather ;)

Here on Long Island, we have had the coldest temperatures in 3 years. The past week has been single digits with the wind factor. Out of my nine - we are still getting six or more a day! I have three RIR's, 3 Barred Rocks, 2 E.E.'s and 1 Jersey Giant. They are all so dependable - Love those gals!

Thurdsay 1/24/13 it was only about 10 degrees F for the high and we got 7 eggs for the first time from our 7 hens. 2 production reds and 5 buff orpingtons all about 9 months old. Sad that 3 of the eggs froze, but the cats were happy!

It was 30 degrees F this morning. My 2yr Grandson helped me collect two eggs this morning :) I had my Angel lay me a fresh egg and then run and get into a nesting box so I probably have more out their and will collect more tonight after my Grandson goes home.

Morning low: 31°F
Afternoon High: 55°F

Humidity +/-: 30-50%
Wind: 10mph out of the East
Wind Chill range: 35°
Day Length: 10h 1m
Peak Solar Elevation: 33°

2 eggs today

Flock Age: 35.5 wks

Laying Reliably
Silver Laced Wyandotte @ 9:30pm
Easter Egger @ 10:00pm
Off Today
Easter Egger
Brown Leghorn

Not Laying
Easter Egger Last egg: 10 days ago
Still Waiting for first egg
Easter Egger
Silver Laced Wyandotte

My littlest barred rock in my small flock - born May 14, 2012 - has laid an egg everyday since she started laying AND throughout the winter everyday. She is amazing! It has been really cold for the last 2 to 3 weeks with temps such as 6 degrees at night and 13 in the day. With wind chill temps around minus 16 degrees. I do not have a heated coop but I have put up wind breaks
all around the coop/ run and I am glad I did. The girls are active and seem pretty happy all things considered. I know they'd like to be out free ranging, so they are
grumpy about not getting out due to snow, but I try to keep them busy in the run.

Back
Top Bottom