Tolbunt Polish

Also Candy Howard in Wolf Creek raises Tolbunts at the Rare Poultry Outpost (I think that is the name). Her birds are very nice as well.

Also Candy Howard in Wolf Creek raises Tolbunts at the Rare Poultry Outpost (I think that is the name).  Her birds are very nice as well.

Is she is WI?
Tolbunts are VERY hard to come by in my area and are never on craigslist. (I had 2 extra chicks that I sold, wish I hadn't, on Craigslist and they sold within 10 min)
Does the lady in WA ship started birds? I can't do chicks until spring. :(

Sorry don't know why I assumed you were in Oregon. Candy Howard lives in Oregon and I know she has shipped eggs, chicks and started birds. The lady in WA has shipped eggs and chicks, I am not sure about older birds. Her number is posted on her FB page for Rare Poultry Outpost. As to the lady in WA I have her number.

Sorry don't know why I assumed you were in Oregon. Candy Howard lives in Oregon and I know she has shipped eggs, chicks and started birds. The lady in WA has shipped eggs and chicks, I am not sure about older birds. Her number is posted on her FB page for Rare Poultry Outpost. As to the lady in WA I have her number.
I know Candy Howard. I bought some birds from her a while ago and one of the roos produced nothing but hens. I think I got lucky with that though. She is Mycoplasma Gallisepticum free. However I heard that her tolbunts got attacked by predators. My friend knows another tolbunt breeder in WA who sells eggs on ebay. We incubated the eggs and got about a 80% hatch rate in fact most of my flock came from her. I belive her name is Megan.

Last edited:
How do these 8 week Olds look as far as coloring? Too much white? Too much black? Not enough brown?

Last edited:
How do these 8 week Olds look as far as coloring? Too much white? Too much black? Not enough brown?
I would say that the second one has too much white on the crest. Depending on what age she is, there is a possibility that she might grow in some more color. I have had chicks with white crests but as they matured they got more coloration in their crests. The first pullet looks OK but I couldn't see any brown on her but then again she should get more color as she matured.
Good luck!

I would say that the second one has too much white on the crest.  Depending on what age she is, there is a possibility that she might grow in some more color.  I have had chicks with white crests but as they matured they got more coloration in their crests.  The first pullet looks OK but I couldn't see any brown on her but then again she should get more color as she matured.  
Good luck!

Thanks. They are 8 weeks old. I really prefer the top bird. Any idea on sex for either? The top bird has more brown than the second on its body. Still not a ton. Got them from a local breeder and the parents looked good so I went for it. Unfortunately my beautifully colored frizzle chick from a different breeder didn't make it.

Back
Top Bottom