Tolbunt Polish

What should be the color of the tolbunt chicks when they are around 1.5 to 2 months old? Mine are becoming black. Serious black. At first they were brownish slowly and gradually they changed their colors and turned black. :$

They sometimes do that, they lighten as they age so I would not worry too much on the black color right now. I like them really dark when real young, if they are really light then that means they end up white early in there life and you don't really want that. If they have some gold spots it would be better, I would just wait and see.

Hello. I purchased hatching eggs, what I thought I was buying was tolbunts AND creles, pics were of tolbunts and creles that I thought were being housed seperately. Disappointingly, the parents turned out to be project birds and not established tolbunts so my chicks are actually poor quality gold laced, crele ( 2 different types?) and this one that I thought was candy corn (breeder said it would be but...) with no tolbunts. So I thought maybe those that are breeding tolbunts may have seen some of these colors and help me figure out what it is. Also, can these be the start of a tolbunt project if I let them grow out and choose the best type then work towards color, since parents at least visually appeared to be tolbunt and crele?

She does have a bit of black in her tail and around her neck.

One of the gold laced

One of the crele (roo) and the one I'd like to keep because of his color and personality but I think the other crele has better type?

another crele, this one is a roo but I have a pullet same color

Hello. I purchased hatching eggs, what I thought I was buying was tolbunts AND creles, pics were of tolbunts and creles that I thought were being housed seperately. Disappointingly, the parents turned out to be project birds and not established tolbunts so my chicks are actually poor quality gold laced, crele ( 2 different types?) and this one that I thought was candy corn (breeder said it would be but...) with no tolbunts. So I thought maybe those that are breeding tolbunts may have seen some of these colors and help me figure out what it is. Also, can these be the start of a tolbunt project if I let them grow out and choose the best type then work towards color, since parents at least visually appeared to be tolbunt and crele? She does have a bit of black in her tail and around her neck. One of the gold laced One of the crele (roo) and the one I'd like to keep because of his color and personality but I think the other crele has better type? another crele, this one is a roo but I have a pullet same color
Personally I really enjoy what I'm seeing as birds on a whole. Very maintained&healthy. Not sure if it's your angles but these look enormous(?). That gold laced sort is a magnificent specimen(pic#2) I'd say good show! That too pic could hopefully create good buff laced offspring if you can find a fair feathered willing mate. Thanks for sharing pics, we are all learning together!

Creole(sp?) I have never seen in the flesh up close so please share pics if you get offspring on that one.(do you log some of these guys so generations from now folks know who to thank?)

Here's my pretty girl, recently had a haircut so she could see again.
1f495.png

Ok, so what is the main differences between Tolbunt, Crele, & Candy Corn Polish? ((In layman's terms with pics, please.)) I have what was sold to me as Crele but have been told they look like Candy Corn Polish. Also, which color is more desired & higher priced? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom