Tolbunt Polish

Pics
My Polish Tolbunts go on lock down on Sunday! I can't wait for them to hatch!
thumbsup.gif

Answering on the GLP/Tolbunt market and pricing, no, there's not that big a market for them. I think the primary reason is that if someone wants a Tolbunt and will pay a price for it, they want a Tolbunt. Otherwise if someone wants to work with the splits, they're probably going to want to take the short-cut and trade or something similar. That, or they'll make their own GLP/T splits.

Well, my babes have grown quite a bit. I need to get some new photos up of them. I have one Tolbunt pullet, two cockerels, and a few split cockerels. The pullet should be of laying age soon but I'm certainly patient and not really expecting eggs for a few or several more months. Had a Polish who was brooding earlier on what I was hoping some Tolbunt eggs, but when I finally found her hidden clutch in the bushes, . . . They were brown eggs.
hmm.png
I chucked 'em. Don't worry, didn't kill anything though.

ETA - I'd buy GLP/Tolbunt splits easy, but only if the GLP were some decent ones. No small crests, no squirrel tails, decent lacing, good body that is not underweight, and a full beard/muffs. I'm picky.

Last edited:
hmmmm......... hopped on the computer at work for a few minutes, my one at home hasn't been put back up since we took everything down last month to redo floors/ wood trim/paint/ etc in the house..... work is done- just have to put the computer back up. :)

My first batches of babies are getting BIG... but of course with staggered hatches there are little bitties still & eggs in the bater still as well. I met a few other people that are working on tolbunts here in MI a few weeks ago at a swap that we may be swapping some birds this fall. They also talked me into showing at birch run this fall (MI fall show where national Polish show is being held)

I joined the facebook group the other day, but have yet to post- though since most of my pics are on my phone- that will be easier to share them there! (I'm Courtney DuCharme)

Saw this on rare breed auction today:
http://www.rarebreedauctions.com/au...lbunt-polish-day-old-chicks&auction_id=107427

I'm good for the year so far (unless I break down & get something from Gretchen.....)

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Back
Top Bottom