Tolbunt Polish

Pics
Blue birds out of Tolbunt/Houdan breeding:

Very pretty birds!

Are you saying the Blue gene came from the Houdans then? That would have to mean that someone has Blue Mottled Houdans, I've never seen Blue Houdans... I'd love to see pictures if anyone has them.

I'm willing to bet that the Blue gene came from an outcross to White Crested Blue Polish. Just my two cents...

Very pretty birds!

Are you saying the Blue gene came from the Houdans then? That would have to mean that someone has Blue Mottled Houdans, I've never seen Blue Houdans... I'd love to see pictures if anyone has them.

I'm willing to bet that the Blue gene came from an outcross to White Crested Blue Polish. Just my two cents...

I don't honestly have a clue where the blue came from. The breeder whose eggs these birds were hatched from told me he was unaware of any "blue" genetics in the Tolbunt he'd purchased/bred. Not sure what to make of them, nor what to do with them. Will probably just keep them as pets. :)

Very pretty birds!

You would win Jeremy.

You can see the WCBlue polish in these birds. (last pic, bird in the rear) I doubt that there are any half way real Houdans anywhere with blue in them. The one in front is gold X blue cross...or thats how it looks. Who knows what made it.

Walt

You would win Jeremy.

You can see the WCBlue polish in these birds. (last pic, bird in the rear) I doubt that there are any half way real Houdans anywhere with blue in them. The one in front is gold X blue cross...or thats how it looks. Who knows what made it.

Walt

So, are you thinking they crossed a WC Blue with a GL? Or do you think there was a WC Blue mixed in with some Tolbunts?

I don't honestly have a clue where the blue came from. The breeder whose eggs these birds were hatched from told me he was unaware of any "blue" genetics in the Tolbunt he'd purchased/bred. Not sure what to make of them, nor what to do with them. Will probably just keep them as pets. :)

who did you get their eggs from?

I was reading last week, on another site, about a theft of 6 Tolbunt Polish in GA. The thief has told authorities that the birds were rescued, but this not the case. Just wanted to give the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom