Too late to hatch?

Yeah, that's not too bad of a loss when they were moved mid-incubation. At least most are still doing well, right?

We had 5 that were duds, had my fingers crossed but nothing. There are about 17 left, as far as I know they are all kicking and doing well. Checked them yesterday and now I think its time to leave them be. :)

Now I'm getting super paranoid... I can hear the babies in their eggs. I'm concerned with their ability to break out. The duck eggs we eat always seem like they have tougher shells than the chicken eggs??

Now I'm getting super paranoid... I can hear the babies in their eggs. I'm concerned with their ability to break out. The duck eggs we eat always seem like they have tougher shells than the chicken eggs??
And they do have tougher shells that's why it takes the ducklings longer to hatch. please PM casportpony or Lacrystol both seasoned hatchers.

But hearing the badies means they have pipped internally so it's real important you keep humidity steady and not open the bator unless emergency duckling can shrink wrap easily. Duckling don't hatch fast like chicks do.

That's great they are internally pipped now!! So excited for you! :D

But yes, don't open the incubator now, just give them time to hatch out. Ducklings are pretty slow. From the time they internally pip (when you can first hear them peeping) it can take 24 hours for them to externally pip (peck the first hole in the egg shell), and then another 24 hours after that before they fully hatch out. Just be patient, they will come! (And post pics after they hatch!) ^-^

Yep. We had three hatch last night, waiting for a couple more tonight. Unfortunately I lost a lot of them due to the move
1f622.png

Yep. We had three hatch last night, waiting for a couple more tonight. Unfortunately I lost a lot of them due to the move
1f622.png

First little guy woke me up at 11pm. Was loud when he/she came out. Lol
Wanted to know where mama was. Congratulations Mama!! lol Any more pips yet?

Back
Top Bottom