Toulouse Geese Thread

Then your babies are a Africanxtoulouse babies!obviously haha

Your goslings will have very orange beaks with black bits on it or no black markings and this cross will have little or knob (females wont) males could and could not.

Hello everyone :) I have this little guy Ricky, he is 9 wks old and was wondering if you think he's a Toulouse. He's very sweet and a bit of a scaredy cat...I think due to his companion Lucy, a Pomeranian of the same age picking on him since they were 3 days old. I think it made him a little skiddish.
Plus lately he's become aggressive toward anyone other than myself & my husband. I'm not sure how to get him to stop...any ideas?

Hello everyone
smile.png
I have this little guy Ricky, he is 9 wks old and was wondering if you think he's a Toulouse. He's very sweet and a bit of a scaredy cat...I think due to his companion Lucy, a Pomeranian of the same age picking on him since they were 3 days old. I think it made him a little skiddish.
Plus lately he's become aggressive toward anyone other than myself & my husband. I'm not sure how to get him to stop...any ideas?
here's is one of the best articles on geese training, https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/561849/geese-training, Ricky looks to be Toulouse and very pretty.

Thank you Miss Lydia!! I'll check it out now. And thanks for the compliment I will tell Ricky you said he was pretty...he enjoys talking about himself Lol

Oh that's awesome!!! I finally finished reading the thread you told me about, what great information & very informative on how their little heads work Lol Thank you soooo much
1f603.png

Question: I picked up 2 toulouse goslings about 5 weeks ago. All the research I could find was that they are generally hard to tell apart. I got them unsexed. However, one of them has white wing tips while the other has grey wing tips. This is their only difference besides personality. I thought at first that one just hadn't "caught up" in the development process, but now it's been weeks and I can tell it's not gonna happen. Is this sex related or just a genetic coincidence? Could the one be a mix of something? I got them from a farm that had ALOT of different geese.

I will try to get pictures. We generally call them "he and she" even though we aren't sure. One has always been bigger but I believe it may have hatched a week earlier or so because the lady at the farm said she had two batches a week apart. The smaller one (grey tips) is very affectionate, generally is the one that wants to be by me, a bit more outgoing too, will chase the cats. The bigger is more timid, obviously more attached to the other gosling than ourselves and sometimes seems to almost try and change the other ones mind about going off after us when we walk away.

Their behavior seems like a mix of what I think both sexes would act like lol their first experience in a small backyard prefab pond. Little only jumped in and immediately swam under the water (entire body). Bigger one was super nervous and wanted to stay where it's feet touch the ground for the first few minutes. That pretty much sums them up lol

I'll try to go now and get a pick of them running lol

Back
Top Bottom