Toulouse Geese Thread

Okay...the flock is larger. A trio of Muscovies, they were going to put one of the girls down thinking she had a dislocated hip. I said I would take her and she just gave her to me. A week of extra protein and bed rest and then walking with her at her own pace and telling her it was okay to take it slow, and you would never know she had an injury. Six Toulouse, Eight Embdens, two more pair of White Chinese(one of the boys finds me alluring
idunno.gif
. I am waiting for the arrival of the two Grey Saddleback Pomeranians that the Holderreads had left from the dispersion. We are just getting weather reports in sync between here and there. We actually got snow accompanied with 50 mph winds for two days. Two Pyrenees litters expected late this month. You said you wanted one
wee.gif
be careful what you wish for. Hannukah Claus might give you a surprise. I have no idea how you get your posts at the bottom of your threads that list what you have. Remember...I am antiquated
old.gif
I am in need of some high tech edumacation.LOL! I have missed everybody. Been having oral surgery, medical procedures and too many doctor appointments. They had to extract a tooth and it was infected so the Amoxicillin didn't work and I started feeling septic. Clindamycin kicked it out finally. After the teeth are done, I will talk to my Orthopaedic/Pain management doc and my Neurosurgeon to see if anything can be done with the neck and back. We will just have to see. I will be back on BYC more now.
woot.gif

Love ya, Miss Lydia, and Sammy and Missy too! I need to get a hold of RURU.
Well it's about time.. lol so good to see ya and so sorry to hear about all the medical stuff wow what an infection that must have been.
hugs.gif

Now all the youngins to care for too, love it that you helped the Scovy get back on her feet now for some pics? I guess you're going to have to go over to the duck thread we have for Muscovy lovers.
smile.png
Congrats on all the new additions including puppies yet to come. So god to see you!! JG

Ask and you shall receive. Here I am and just had surgery myself last Tuesday on my arm. They had to take out more parathyroid from my arm. My gosh it looks like they abused it my arm is black and blue 7 inches wide all the way around my arm. My BP is up terrible and I am whorse from the person who puts the line down your throat. Not been feeling to well lately.

Have miss you and sorry you have had so much going on but so have I. Hope all gets better for you soon. Welcome back my dear.....

Ask and you shall receive. Here I am and just had surgery myself last Tuesday on my arm. They had to take out more parathyroid from my arm. My gosh it looks like they abused it my arm is black and blue 7 inches wide all the way around my arm. My BP is up terrible and I am whorse from the person who puts the line down your throat. Not been feeling to well lately.

Have miss you and sorry you have had so much going on but so have I. Hope all gets better for you soon. Welcome back my dear.....
hugs.gif
I love you RURU! We have Fescue and Brome growing in Lidonia at the farm. I wanted to make sure it was not only Alfalfa, which I have no use for other than the bunnies like it, but they usually get Bermuda. If you put straw down they get mad and kick it all out and stomp their feet. Spoiled little boys. I am sorry to hear you have not been feeling well, I will ask the Almighty to send you an angel or two. I am so sorry about precious Sammie. I cried when I read it.

January

hugs.gif
I love you RURU! We have Fescue and Brome growing in Lidonia at the farm. I wanted to make sure it was not only Alfalfa, which I have no use for other than the bunnies like it, but they usually get Bermuda. If you put straw down they get mad and kick it all out and stomp their feet. Spoiled little boys. I am sorry to hear you have not been feeling well, I will ask the Almighty to send you an angel or two. I am so sorry about precious Sammie. I cried when I read it.

January
Hi January love you too!!!
hugs.gif
Thank you January I might need 3 angels the way things have been going around here.... Geese seem to not like alfalfa. Mine like grass and romaine lettuce. I have never caught mine eating any of the horse hay. Even when I put it in with them they just stomped on it and pooped on it. That is what they thought of hay! I guess you could say the geese are rotten spoiled brats......

Hope all is going well for you at this time......

Yes, my beloved Sammie passed on me and it just hurt my heart so much because he was a part of it........ I miss him so very much and always will. That boy stoled my heart from day one here with me.

Hi January love you too!!!
hugs.gif
Thank you January I might need 3 angels the way things have been going around here.... Geese seem to not like alfalfa. Mine like grass and romaine lettuce. I have never caught mine eating any of the horse hay. Even when I put it in with them they just stomped on it and pooped on it. That is what they thought of hay! I guess you could say the geese are rotten spoiled brats......

Hope all is going well for you at this time......

Yes, my beloved Sammie passed on me and it just hurt my heart so much because he was a part of it........ I miss him so very much and always will. That boy stoled my heart from day one here with me.
Trina has been stealing alfalfa from my bunnies! She takes anything that sticks out of their hutch, naughty goose! But I'm not sure if she is really eating it, or just playing with it haha.

My it's been a long time since I was on this thread!
Pom and Trina are good friends now! They follow each other all over the place, Pom protects Trina from all sorts of things, they both get upset if separated. They even sleep together in the goose house - FINALLY lol
I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions about Poms aggressiveness towards people? He's getting worse and worse. He used to at least respect ME (always attacked my husband and MIL) but now he sees me and comes straight for me! If I give him a good loud stern word he will stop just short of me, but his head is down and pointed right at me, and if I do anything but back away he bites me. They won't go into their house at night on their own, so they have to be put in. Trina is fine, but Pom will latch on to any part of me he can get ahold of and whip me with his wings. It's become this dance to grab his head before he can bite me and lead him to the house and yank my hand away quick while my husband hurries and shuts the door because he will whip right around and get me! Grabbing him only makes him more angry and I'm afraid I'm teaching him to attack me. Is there anything I can do??

Pom and Trina making a mess of their breakfast

Pom coming straight for me - first he honks, then when he gets a couple feet away his head gets right down parallel to the ground and he goes for my ankles and feet, then hands if I reach for him

Not great lighting, but it was a cool shot of Pom jumping in the fresh tub first thing in the morning with Trina right behind waiting her turn!

Hi Kukupec, sounds like you´re getting things sorted there.
As for Pom, I seem to remember that you got him from a rescue and he was a house-goose, do I remember correctly? If so, this could be the reason he was sent to rescue...it could be that he views himself as equal to people, so has no respect.
Or it could simply be that breeding time has all but arrived and he´s just getting possessive.
A difficult one,but don´t ever run from him, or give him the idea that he won his ground, as he´ll just get more confident. It´s your ground, Standing there with your hands on your hips will make you look bigger, and there are some on this thread that will use a mop with handle..not to hit him, just to push out the way. It avoids direct contact and injury!
big_smile.png
Broom handles (or similar) are amazing things, you can herd a very large flock of geese with just a stick.

I believe since he is starting to get more aggressive towards you because they become very protective of the females an hate all who come by them going into breeding season.
Your best bet with the gander is pick him up when nasty and hold him until he clams down. Then he will learn more respect that you are head goose not him.
Also you can put you arms out and flap them to show you are bigger than him and run towards him as well.
NEVER turn your back and walk away then the sneaky ganders will come up and bite you.
Breeding season make them morph into crazy protective nuts!!! Good Luck.

I believe since he is starting to get more aggressive towards you because they become very protective of the females an hate all who come by them going into breeding season.
Your best bet with the gander is pick him up when nasty and hold him until he clams down. Then he will learn more respect that you are head goose not him.
Also you can put you arms out and flap them to show you are bigger than him and run towards him as well.
NEVER turn your back and walk away then the sneaky ganders will come up and bite you.
Breeding season make them morph into crazy protective nuts!!! Good Luck.
But if you do pick him up, make sure you get him firmly so he can´t flap his wings or get your face! You can face him backward under your arm, if you see what I mean.
My younger gander is a bit edgey, being the first year for him, I just tell him to stop being a hissing sid and carry on what I´m doing, and he forgets all about it....and he hisses at my hubby, who then touches him, which makes the gander back off, not knowing what to do now
lol.png
but then mine have never done more than hiss.

Hope this finds everyone well and enjoying their Christmas holidays.
Our grass is very minimal these days and I'm wondering if there's a grass suppliment that can be given to my pair. I was in tractor supply and found alfalfa horse pellets and other grass pellets but I'm not sure if they're are good for them or not. Any advise or suggests are welcome.

Hope this finds everyone well and enjoying their Christmas holidays.
Our grass is very minimal these days and I'm wondering if there's a grass suppliment that can be given to my pair. I was in tractor supply and found alfalfa horse pellets and other grass pellets but I'm not sure if they're are good for them or not. Any advise or suggests are welcome.
From what I've been told geese don't care much for alfalfa, so I got some grass hay mixes of timothy and other soft grasses they love it matter of fact my ducks and chickens are munching on it too.

Back
Top Bottom