Toulouse Geese Thread

here are my babies !!!!

Last edited:
I am so excited. I have just released my first group of geese onto pasture. More are growing up in the barn, but aren't quite old enough to survive outside.

They are going to have a good time for seasons before meeting the gavage, and butcher. I just love foie gras.

What a good looking group of geese on this thread!

I had someone give me 4 yesterday. They are all about a year old. The saddleback's name is Gomer and they are so sweet!

I am currently resetting "home" before I let them roam free. The ducks they are in with came from the same farm so everyone knows each other.

I am slated to get 2 Toulouse geese from someone on Craigslist. They are about 4 months old, and she hatched them from a reputable local farm. They have grown up with ducks. I have 14 ducks and have read as much as I can about geese to prepare, but keep going back and forth in my head as to whether it's a good idea. I have read differing sides - geese are fine and great with ducks and the homestead vs. geese are a pain and need to be watched and can really hurt your ducks and kids. Does anyone have any tips or warnings? At 4 months old, are they still in their babyhood/honeymoon and real behavior will emerge? I just want to make the best decision!

I am slated to get 2 Toulouse geese from someone on Craigslist. They are about 4 months old, and she hatched them from a reputable local farm. They have grown up with ducks. I have 14 ducks and have read as much as I can about geese to prepare, but keep going back and forth in my head as to whether it's a good idea. I have read differing sides - geese are fine and great with ducks and the homestead vs. geese are a pain and need to be watched and can really hurt your ducks and kids. Does anyone have any tips or warnings? At 4 months old, are they still in their babyhood/honeymoon and real behavior will emerge? I just want to make the best decision!
I Never Had Problems Between Ducks And Geese except for in the breeding season males (muscovy and geese) become aggressive to each other and aylesbury ducks too.
Drakes try to rape everything that moves (ducks, muscovy ducks, geese, and some even hens!)

Back
Top Bottom