Tractor supply ASIAN chicks

• jarowe67
  • new_egg.v168221180.png
I live in Raleigh and also got "Asian" chicks from TSC. I got two like your's that are black with white spot on top and chest. The other two are a pale creamy yellow. The sign in store says medium brown eggs, and average rate for laying. I'll post pics as they grow and would be interested in staying in touch with others who got these chicks.

I purchased 4 of the Asian at TSC this morning. I too am interested in hearing about everyone's chicks and how they turn out. I will try to post pictures as well.

Our TSC has ASIAN chicks but they look like RIR. Came in HERE and found THIS thread, VERY interesting. I didn't ask what hatchery they got them from because I was in a hurry. I walked out of TSC with 0 peeps, I'm amazed, or amused, whatever. Hahahaaa

So I just called TS and was going to pick up some black sexlinks. I found our they believe they're all pee seed pullet which, if they are, ruins my plan. I want 5 pullet plus one cockerel. I'm going to have to see them.
Then I was also told about the Asian blacks, st run. I'm frantically trying to read this link as fast as possible bcs I'm 5 minutes away.
Are they BR? Are they asians? Do each of the TS have different ones they call Asian black?
I'm going to get there and look, take a few pics and check back here.

So I just called TS and was going to pick up some black sexlinks. I found our they believe they're all pee seed pullet which, if they are, ruins my plan. I want 5 pullet plus one cockerel. I'm going to have to see them.
Then I was also told about the Asian blacks, st run. I'm frantically trying to read this link as fast as possible bcs I'm 5 minutes away.
Are they BR? Are they asians? Do each of the TS have different ones they call Asian black?
I'm going to get there and look, take a few pics and check back here.

Each TSC sells different breeds...
SOME do sell Asian chicks, which are black and do look very similar to BR as chicks.

Each TSC sells different breeds...
SOME do sell Asian chicks, which are black and do look very similar to BR as chicks.

I guess I'll find out.
When I got there another person got 2 of the black sexlinks I'd gone in originally to buy. They All ended up being pre seed pullets. I got my 4 which were the only ones they had. Now I'll be looking for a cockerel.
On the ones they said were st run Asian black, I went with the 2 that had no white on their heads, nit knowing if that even applies to them If they're Asian blacks. Then I asked to see all 3 of the ones with white on their heads.
I should know myself better than to have done that...they were each adorable. The first I'd asked to see then with the other 2 linedible up each had great qualities. One was letting the girl hold it upside down and rub it's belly. I love that personality. Long story short I couldn't decide nor could I pick 2 and leave one so I got the 3 of those too.

Now my questions about Asian blacks will be my research topic for a while.
I need to know how to recognize If they are that breed. On the other hand I will know right away if they become BRs, lol.
I'm going to look and see if there's a breed description or thread. Can you suggest where I can look plz?

Back
Top Bottom