Tractor Supply Chicks

I stopped there Saturday and picked up a flier. It's at home, but they had the sex links, buff orps, RIR, brown leghorns, maybe barred rocks. Might be a few more but there was nothing fancy. Also had some meat birds, turkeys, bobwhites I think and some ducks. They get them from Mt. Healthy Hatchery.

Our tsc in winder just got their chicks in today. They got straight run rir and assorted pullets. My neighbor went down there at 5'oclock today and got 3 rir, 2 barred rocks, and 1 buff orp. He said when he left there were only about 10 assorted pullets left, but they had plenty of rir.

I got chicks there last year, bantam cochins and silkies. All my sikies were roos. Out of the cochins I ended up with 2 hens the rest roos.

Our TSC in Alpena, MI had them in May I think last year and they didn't get them from a hatchery further away than Ohio. I suspect they use hatcheries nearest to them.

I could be wrong for elsewhere though.
hmm.png

Update: One of the gals at TSC in Alpena expects their fist chicks in the first 2 weeks of April.

Last edited:
I called the nearest TSC, they said that they weren't sure exactly, but, that they thought they might have a couple of breeds, straight run only.
hit.gif

I hope they are wrong. Do you think if I called another TSC around here that they would be different? I might try that.

Quote:
Yes--I called several TSCs, and one said they got straight run, but others said they got sexed chicks. So it's definitely worth a try. All of the ones I called said they had chicks coming the week of April 5.

Back
Top Bottom