• Midnight Majesty Maran Females

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Black Jersey Giant Females

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • Starlight Green Egger Females

Votes: 37 38.5%

• Total voters
Pics
I do have a midnight Majesty marans, she's been a steady layer and her eggs are mmmm 🤤 . She's got a nice temperament but doesn't like her feet getting wet, kinda don't blame her . 😏

I also have a Prairie Bluebell - the infamous not-gonna-lay-get-away Princess, who finally did start laying and is now a steady layer with lovely blue eggs 🤗. Her attitude is much better now too, thankfully.

None of my ladies are lap chickens, we just have a friendly relationship 😁

From TSC! As are my cochins! Nice backyard birds with good personality. Pretty sure they got them from Privitt(sp) because of what was in the bantam mix.
1000004454.jpg

I voted Prairie Bluebell Egger. I have two they are the best; I’m getting more next month. Huge gorgeous blue eggs, every two days or (not sometimes… often!!) every single day.
As a pet, they are super duper friendly and love to jump on my lap or shoulder. Great for picking up and petting.
Could you share pics of them? They sound wonderful

I got jersey giants and buff orpingtons from tractor supply. They were all girls like they were supposed to be. My jersey giants didn’t get very giant but they are so calm and sweet! Same with the buff orpingtons! One more thing to add is all of the chicks made it! One of my sweet sweet buff orpingtons died at almost two years the other seems fine.
296FBA65-36E7-48D4-9626-D588330C4CD1.jpeg
C42D79FB-9C33-49B3-8586-1859E3F9C8C4.jpeg
8A670844-C850-4966-810A-51A759926411.jpeg
A3EAF62F-CFAA-4800-8C36-81151B78B124.jpeg

Last edited:
In our experience, what Tractor Supply SAYS and what ACTUALLY happens are two different things!! Plus when they did get them in, they sold out immediately. We gave up on them and ordered ours from a hatchery!! Got 8 Plymouth Barred Rock in June last year!

Attachments

• nest box.jpg
    nest box.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 1
In our experience, what Tractor Supply SAYS and what ACTUALLY happens are two different things!! Plus when they did get them in, they sold out immediately.
Yeah, heard a lot of bad things about poultry from them, from terrible male to female ratios to poor conditions to diseased chicks.

ETA: Oh, and also breeds being mixed up seems to be pretty common.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom