Tractor supply?

My TSC knows my voice already. I call almost every week and ask what they have. They get them in a few times per week and the guy on the phone tells me what they have and when the next shipment is. I got 6 strong healthy RLS's last year that give me an egg a day! They usually get one "rare" breed...I remember they had Blue Andaluciens last year! I have enough chickens at home but sometimes go to look...

I love Tractor Supply, but it depends on each store. Some stores the employees know what they're doing, then others they have no idea. One time an employee told us that the Khaki Campbells were Pekins, and one of the tubs full of broilers was labeled as "Speckled Sussex". The best part is the Speckled Sussex sign had speckled chicks printed on it that looked nothing like the pale chicks in the tub!
lau.gif

I've had only a few problems with the chicks. Last year my chicks from TSC had a respiratory illness (cured with doxytetracycline, but one died), and this year my chicks are doing a lot better. There's only one chick with a problem. Its wings grow straight out to the sides instead of growing normally. I read that it'll grow out of it eventually though so I'm not too worried.

Thank you everyone for the advice! I ended up getting my chicks at a different local feed store yesterday morning
smile.png

Here they are! 1 Ameraucana 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte 1 Buff Orpington
love.gif

Aren't they the same thing...?
1f62c.png
1f602.png
Nope, Ameraucana are an actual breed, with standard and certain color varieties, where Easter Eggers aren't considered an actual breed, but they come in many colors, and are each an individual that lays colored eggs.

Nope, Ameraucana are an actual breed, with standard and certain color varieties, where Easter Eggers aren't considered an actual breed, but they come in many colors, and are each an individual that lays colored eggs.
Ohhhh lol well they are actual ameraucanas

Ohhhh lol well they are actual ameraucanas
Your feed store may order from Ideal, they list ameraucanas, but even in the description, they say easter eggers.
http://www.idealpoultry.com/item.html
One of my local stores orders from Ideal and they list them as Ameraucanas, as that's how Ideal sold them, but they aren't.

I'm not sure what hatchery, if any, sell real Ameraucanas.

Back
Top Bottom