Trade Route in South Carolina

gmendoza

Songster
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
Rock Hill,SC
I would like to start a trade route in South Carolina Spanning from Rock Hill southward to Columbia and westward as far as Lexington down to Pelion where my friend lives.

Please note the rules:

I will post what I have spare and/or found that I have for trade.
You post if it is something you want/need and what you have to trade for it.

Trading can consist of:

livestock
fruit
veggies
building materials
engines/engine components
homemade foods
jars
gold
silver
etc..

anything of value to another can/will be traded.

on the other side, if you have nuttin to trade but want to buy some traded item:

cash-money will be accepted in lieu of gold/silver

also the caravan-trader will have a trading fee for gas if its outside the trade route( 20+miles) at 10%

Anyone interested? The trade route will be on I-77 coming from Rock Hill,SC going south to Columbia and taking 277 west to the I-20 to Lexington, then Taking state route 6 (s.lake drive) to the state route 302 to Pelion.

Interested parties, please post. Lets accumulate goods/stuff for a quarterly trade/caravan route.

Not sure I fully understand the workings. Are you saying that trades within the route would be transported free of charge? BTW, I am located just outside of Rock Hill, SC. Do you have chickens/chicks or ever have them for sale? I'm most interested in dual purpose heritage breeds.

Not sure I fully understand the workings. Are you saying that trades within the route would be transported free of charge? BTW, I am located just outside of Rock Hill, SC. Do you have chickens/chicks or ever have them for sale? I'm most interested in dual purpose heritage breeds.
the things I will trade will be transported free of charge. Outside the route I have to charge for a fee. I have no problem with this because me and my friend always worked on the barter system and I am just posting this too see whom else wants to get involved. I would like to drive down to his house and see him more often and I pay for my own gas.

We did have chicks for sale, but we don't have any roosters to fertilize them at this time. I do know of a person whom is like a chicken broker of sorts in Fort Mill.

Maybe we can barter some stuff.

whatcha got

whatcha need

Last edited:
Example:

Trade truck comes to your home for trading:

Trader: Hello Mrs. Smithe I am the BYC trader. I have a lot of wares and stuff to trade

Mrs. Smithe: Hello Mr. Trader I don't have much but I see in your truck you have a milking goat.

Trader: why yes Mrs. Smithe I do.

Mrs. Smithe: But I don't have any money.

Trader: I'm sure you have something you can trade for this goat (wink wink)

Mrs. Smith: What are you implying with that wink Mr. Trader!?

Trader: oh, that wink. I had something in my eye. I see you have a big roll of chicken wire, and some lumber, and some farm tools. I will trade you this goat.

Mrs. Smithe: Well what else can we barter?

So now the bartering starts. This is just an example how bartering was done in the early trading days of the world. The world ran on a barter system, not green pressed papyrus pulp and pressed metals with dead dudes on them.

Last edited:
I definitely like this idea. I think I am further out of the way but I'd be willing to drive some or all the way to the route. I'm not really in the market for anything right now, but I have a feeling I will want more chicks as time goes by.

Can trades be planned ahead? Say Chickens Naturally lives by you in Rock Hill, He wants chickens you do not have. I live near Pelion and I have lots of chickens. Can a trade be set up so that Chickens Naturally can give his goat ( or cash) to be traded to you to deliver to me and pick up my chickens to then be delivered to him? Or would this just be people putting in the cart what they don't want and someone else looking at what is available then choosing and offering something else?

The goat has to put up earnest money. No that's not true, I made that up.
yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom