Traditional Serama

Quote:
I'm struggling as much with feather quality as I am type....the challenge is to eliminate the 'webbing' in the areas that we want to be silkied (and at the same time add thicker, plusher and longer fibers), and yet maintain at least 50% normal feathering in the wings and tail... enough to maintain the serama silhouette. That's a tall order!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Soft and fuzzy clouds with beaks...
droolin.gif
love.gif
Cute!

all of her birds are awesome!
droolin.gif

Robin has seen the insanity in my chicken facility...and lived to tell about it.
hugs.gif

Maybe someone can take the time to post the difference between the American Serama (Cooped Show & TT Quality) and the Tradional Serama form this posting. It may help the "newer" Serama owners understand what they are looking for in both types.Thanks

This is the second request for this info, and we are only on page two.......please some one help us out........thanks
smile.png

Brody's Broodello :

Maybe someone can take the time to post the difference between the American Serama (Cooped Show & TT Quality) and the Tradional Serama form this posting. It may help the "newer" Serama owners understand what they are looking for in both types.Thanks​

Last edited:
Quote:

A traditional serama is the serama as they came from Malaysia, no attempt at color breeding to make them fit the American mold of a Cookie Cutter Chicken they can be any color and bred for Table top Competition only. They have no minimum weight, can be as small as you can get them, They do however have a max weight (read standard as posted above, post #2) The will never be ABA/APA recognized, it's all about conformance (type) and temperament (character). Will post a few pics as soon as I can catch up. thank for joining us.

Quote:

if you enter your serama in an ABA/SCNA incage/table top show you enter them AOC (any other color) American Serama . If you enter them in a stand alone shows, i.e. Cajun classic, French Quarter Serama Fest, South Mississippi Mid Winter Serama Fest, etc) you enter thm as Traditional Serama. Cock/Hen/Cockerel/Pullet, Classes A,B,C (determined by weight) (read standard post #2) for additional information.

celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif
bow.gif
thank you thank you thank you......
D.gif

Quote:

A traditional serama is the serama as they came from Malaysia, no attempt at color breeding to make them fit the American mold of a Cookie Cutter Chicken they can be any color and bred for Table top Competition only. They have no minimum weight, can be as small as you can get them, They do however have a max weight (read standard as posted above, post #2) The will never be ABA/APA recognized, it's all about conformance (type) and temperament (character). Will post a few pics as soon as I can catch up. thank for joining us.

Back
Top Bottom