Traditional Serama

A better pic of Floyd! So much attitude!

I have a Malaysian serama. She shows all the normal characteristics. I ha e had to clutches from her first clutch was beautiful but "pharel" very mean attacked and killed a few hens, so they had to go in the smoker with some oak and cherry in order to enjoy them. Second clutch was fun I thought she flew the coop and or vanished after borrowing a neighbors serama roo but 7 days later we found her hiding in the yard with 7 eggs. 4 hatched but they're not so serama.

they're about 3 months now cute and friendly so I guess that counts.

Last edited:

The thread's slow so posting my brother's seramas. Squatting in the pics. He got that pair from Jerry Schexnayder. I like the breed myself, may get into them in the future.

I have a Serama breeding question. I have 3 boys from an extremely well known breeder who I will not name. One is perfect type. One has a somewhat long back. One has slightly short wings. The question is, can I breed the ones that are not perfect type knowing that the genetics are there because of who they came from, and expect that I will be able to get some show quality chicks? Or is a cull bird a cull bird no matter who's genetic line they come from?

Hi,
I'm really interested in getting into Serama's. But I have seen mostly the American type birds anyone know where I could find some Malay type birds or have any experience importing birds??

I have a Serama breeding question. I have 3 boys from an extremely well known breeder who I will not name. One is perfect type. One has a somewhat long back. One has slightly short wings. The question is, can I breed the ones that are not perfect type knowing that the genetics are there because of who they came from, and expect that I will be able to get some show quality chicks? Or is a cull bird a cull bird no matter who's genetic line they come from?
As long as there aren't any serious genetic defects, and they are healthy, I'd go ahead and breed them. The genetics are definitely there, plus you're pairing them up to another bird who will hopefully complement.

Hey ya all new on here an new to Serama and almost new to chickens. :)

From all the at least 50+ videos I have seen of Seramas on youtube. Not that I am an expert but I have done quite a bit of studying the breed types and etc etc. What I have concluded is most of the Serama videos posted where english appears to be the primary language they have the American Standard. Is the Malaysian standard ( i mean the dragon type even if not that extreme) popular in the USA? (just being curious george)

Since those genes are there when you do breed them how rare are they and it does not to be that extreme

I am new order some eggs off eBay from two diff breeders and currently starting day 2 of incubation.

Thanks in advance.

in the sacramento area do not mind paying shipping too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom