Tre3hugger's Rabbit Thread

Picked up another doe today. She is a tortoise shell (mix of red and black) New Zealand. She was born 10/12/2020 and she already weights 9 pounds!! She is gorgeous and I hope she makes a lot of meat babies for me.

Meet Maple :love
20210322_182045.jpg

20210322_182013.jpg

Kind of like a basketball with ears. Perfect meat rabbit body type!
20210322_182028.jpg

Tried Hops and Crewella (Amchins) again tonight. Brought them outside to a little playpen I made out of chicken wire. Thought the grass and sunshine might put her in the mood. It kind of worked, as she was humping him quite a bit, but still no successful mating for those two. I out her back in his cage, and him in hers. I will try them again on the grass in the morning!

Even though it was a "fail" it was a delight seeing them bunny around in the grass. Very cute. I gave them a good once over for ticks before returning to their cages. They seemed to enjoy themselves.

Hops on the left, cruella on the right

IMG_20210323_180349_730.jpg

Nice! I have a black tortiseshell Satin and it is a gorgeous color in them. Shes stubborn though havent succeeded in passing on the non extension gene successfully even with 2 yrs of trying. :rolleyes:
They sure are beautiful. Got any pics?

Wait so she has refused to breed for two years? Or just to make babies that color?

They sure are beautiful. Got any pics?

Wait so she has refused to breed for two years? Or just to make babies that color?
Cant seem to pass the color on into to a kit with the qualities Id like to keep. Unfortunately both my lines does+buck carry blue and it seems throw the strongest, healthiest, kits. But I dont want blue. So Ive been trying to produce a large black based kit to breed back to mom so I can have black based torties as opposed to blue ones.
Genetics can be fun and so so very vexing.

Back
Top Bottom