Trouble with humidity for hatching duck eggs

Aug 18, 2018
I have a borrowed Brinsea octagon eco manual incubator and am having great difficulty getting the humidity up to the recommended 80% for hatch day. I have filled both reservoirs and still only as high as 73. I have 8 eggs in total and 5 have pipped with 2 of those already hatching yesterday. Five of them pipped Saturday morning. I don’t see any further pipping should I be worried? One was a khaki Campbell the other a Pekin. The others left to hatch are Cayuga , Pekin, Indian runner. All eggs were put in the incubator at the same time. I’m new to this with this being my first successful hatch ever. It’s so exciting and I’ve spent a lot of time sitting watching in amazement. Managed to capture the one being hatched on video. So cool. Any advice on the humidity would be really helpful.

73% isn’t too bad but if you want it higher you can fill the reservoirs with water then using evaporation card or kitchen paper put half in the reservoir and fold the rest over the bottom of the incubator base. It will soak the water up the card/paper creating more surface area of water which should create more humidity.

8.4 in this guide has a diagram ~ BRINSEA OCTAGON

6EB1C4CD-2CD9-451E-9A29-AD4F406C1E1C.png

Back
Top Bottom