Troyer Farm Adventures and Breeding Projects

Being currently hungry, this is not good for me to see....because that looks absolutely delicious!
It is as delicious as it looks!
Note: The carrots were freshly dug from being over wintered in the garden, half an hour before frying. The green onions were harvested from the same garden as well.

I lil new one in the barnyard this morning.
IMG_6336.JPG
IMG_6340.JPG

The whole family, Dad, Mom and baby. The filly is resting after getting a tummy full of milk.
IMG_6390.JPG
IMG_6342.JPG

Shes beautiful Troyer. Congratulations.
Thank you! We love her already!
I found this an interesting read. Roberts dog must of been a JR! Hahaha

Anita Blair was the first guide dog handler in El Paso, Texas, when she graduated from The Seeing Eye in March 1940 with Fawn, a German shepherd. The photo is a black and white photo of Anita being guided by Fawn across a bustling city street in the early 1940s.
Just a month later, Anita and Fawn were crossing a street in El Paso when a car nearly hit her. “Fawn, the fawn-colored German shepherd, with perfect timing checked her mistress’s pace, so that the car sped past without the driver being aware that the young woman could not see,” the El Paso Times reported on April 19, 1940.
Fawn was at her side when she graduated from the Texas College of Mines and Metallurgy – now known as the University of Texas at El Paso, or UTEP – with a bachelor’s degree in 1944. She later earned a master’s degree from Texas State College for Women, now Texas Woman’s University, in Denton.
In 1946, Anita and Fawn were again in the news during a tragic fire at the 23-story Hotel LaSalle in Chicago. According to the June 6, 1946, issue of the El Paso Times, Anita was awakened by screams. “When I opened the door the smoke was so heavy I could taste it,” Anita told the newspaper. “I closed the door but did not want to get Fawn excited. Because of her I remained calm – and probably because of me she did the same.”
Fawn led Anita out the window and down the fire escape – 11 stories down – while the fire raged. Sixty-one people were killed in the fire.
In 1952, Anita became the first El Paso woman – and the first blind woman in any state – to be elected as a state representative. During her time in office, Anita fought for funding for the State School for the Deaf, teacher pay raises, and a bill that allowed women to serve on juries.
Anita returned to The Seeing Eye five more times to be matched with successor Seeing Eye dogs. Her last was Beryl, a black Labrador retriever, in 1990. Anita died in 2010 at the age of 93, and in recognition of her service as a state legislator, is buried in the Texas State Cemetery in Austin.
Quite interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Whenever I get hot coffee I use an ice cube to make it drinkable, cause I can’t wait for it to cool off enough and I hate getting my tongue scorched. We freeze the extra that we don’t immediately use, into cubes and store them in a glass quart jar in the freezer in the kitchen. We have another freezer in a small utility room as an overflow storage. That’s the one the ice cubes get frozen in. Today I opened the freezer in the kitchen and noticed the jar was empty, I asked my wife if there were more in the utility room freezer that I could put into the glass jar, she said, yes there are. This is what I found.
EFA8D5DF-A75B-4496-B72B-9F48CE9B802F.jpeg
Is this what’s called freeze dried, or evaporated ice cubes? 🤣😂
What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom