Trying Red Star Rangers "next meatie project"

I would assume they are freedom rangers. Most hatcherys that carry them are not aloud to call them freedom rangers. The only place I've seen them listed that way was through the hatchery in Pennsylvania.

Quote:
Possibly, I don't know, and honestly don't even know if I am going to be able to breed them and end up with a good size meat bird, but it is worth a try and either way they will still be edible..

Here are my 2nd Gen freedom rangers and naked necks at 8 wks old.. Started on 25% broiler starter and dropped to 20% broiler grower at 4 wks. I have a few that look to be around 6lbs already. There are a few that are pretty small still, but most of them are decent sized birds, and these guys eat nowhere near the amount of food that the cornish X did at this age. I had to cull one a few weeks ago, due to leg problems that developed at about 3 wks. I definitely enjoy raising these guys alot more than I did the Cornish X. They act like chickens, they run and play, and look for food in the run, the cornish x just sat in front of the feeders most of the time. I have already ordered 60 more, because I have customers and the birds that I am holding back for breeding won't be laying for a while.

most of what i seen on red free rangers are RIR and NH cross...which are duel purpose .

red star sex link they use a leghorn , so not much meat ,but great layers

most of what i seen on red free rangers are RIR and NH cross...which are duel purpose .

red star sex link they use a leghorn , so not much meat ,but great layers
and what else...production reds are RIRxNH so there must be quite a bit of Cornish in there too. I have a red ranger chick now that's 17 days old and although looks like one of my PR chicks he is much bigger and has legs like tree stumps

Back
Top Bottom