Trying to get some Mystic Onyx chicks

I finally broke down and ordered from the TSC website aka Hoovers. I couldnt find them anywhere local either. Like you, I wasn’t too sure about having them mailed. I ordered 10, they sent 15 and all were alive and chirping. I did have 1 pass a few hours after getting them but I kinda just expect that. Overall totally happy with the experience. As far as color- I have some that are all black, I have some with some white and other with some grey on their chest and crop. The one that passed had white tips on her wings along with white chest and crop. I was looking for the all black and so I wasn’t too happy at first but they are still beautiful haha. Happy hunting!! And good luck.

I have 5 that were mislabeled at rural king as black sex links. There are only 2 out of the 5 that have a little bronze on them. My chicks are 6-8 weeks old

Attachments

• 20220712_121137.jpg
    20220712_121137.jpg
    1,003 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220712_121147.jpg
    20220712_121147.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20220712_121151.jpg
    20220712_121151.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
I was able to get one fibro easter egger from Meyer's Hatchery. It is all black so I'm super happy about that. I only ordered one since they are a little pricey and I didn't want to risk getting some that weren't all black. I'll post a pic when I have a chance.

Yeah, see...that I'm not crazy about. I had black sex links before. They were great, but I'm really looking for all black. I'm going to end up having to have them shipped or find a local breeder I think.
I have 5 now that are 4 months old hoover hatch. 2 roos 3 pulleys so far they're all black I see no neck lacing. They have a hint of purple sheen that's it. Does anyone know how to breed them? Can I breed a roo and a hen or do I have to breed them silkie to a Jersey giant?

Back
Top Bottom