TSC said these are meat birds but

Geez,, remind me not to get any meat birds from them again. I counted and I only have 3 Cornish out of 15 birds. Oh well I guess. How long do you think it will take before they can be processed? Rough estimate.

they look like delawares to me, or columbian rock x red.

The reason they are called sex links is because the size of the pin feathers on the wings identify sex. If the two rows are the same size, then it is a male. if one row of feathers is longer, its a female.

They are the sex-link males... if they are coming from Mt. Healthy they are golden comet males.

The females are red. They make a lousy meat bird....

I'm really begining to think the same about mine. I had a gut feeling that those weren't meat birds but there were so many that I thought that maybe they were just something different that I didn't know about.

lol
big_smile.png
At this point the one thing I knowis that they don't grow any where near as fast as my cornish and I'm not very happy about that. But I will admit that they are cute.

I have similar birds from Atwoods. We are going to butcher at between 10 and 12 weeks, we hope. We didn't really care what we got this year because it is experimental for us. We are less concerned about size and such than with learning the process.

Next season we will be more careful and get them from the hatchery. We want non-Cornish X birds that can actually live long enough to raise chicks.

Quote:
I never thought of doing that. I'm pretty sure all the chicks they had there were from Ideal. I had asked about some of the other chicks they had and she tried to look it up on an order form they had from Ideal. I'll email them in a little while and when I get an answer I'll let you know.

Back
Top Bottom