TULSA area Cluckers

Newcastle is the other side of Oklahoma City I believe from Tulsa area. Kind of a drive IMO... but if you are looking for something in particular I've heard it is a really good one. I heard that Claremore or Catoosa are about to start a monthly auction, not just poultry though I will ask my husband for the details tomorrow, I was only listening with half an ear when he told me about it.
Yeah, i think that's too far for me. I was hoping to find something closer. If you find out anymore post it. :) I'm just going out of curiosity. I don't relaly need to buy or sell anyting.

Boy, this thread sure is slow, I was hoping it would take off. CathieSue did you find any auctions to go to? Sorry about your chickies
sad.png

I wanted to go to the one in Coweta but it's just so darn hot out!

LOL It's hard enough keeping up with the "Okies in the BYC" thread... Hubby and I were looking for local auctions too, didn't make it to the Coweta one although we did think about it, I believe there is one sometime at the beginning of the month in Inola. I found it here on a thread for Oklahoma chicken auctions, it was a big long list of all of them...

just acidently deleted a giant post. oh well. I'm still mad about my babies. Getting a swedish flower roo soon. Hoping on of my BO's will go broody and get some more babies that way.
too hot for auctions now.
Maybe in Sept or Oct.
Felt shy at NEOCS but got honey and my 3 pretty swedish flowers.

I`m about 10 miles south of Bixby in Hectorville.

I don`t have any birds on my yard at this time but my pens are still in great shape....That`s my shop on the left side and the right side is where my pens are, that end is fenced off with a gate access and inside there I have a area for feed, hay, ect and 2 pens that are 6`X 6` and 1 pen that is 6`X 3`. I am looking to get either OEGBs or AGBs.

Here is a pair of Grey AGB`s that I had several years ago, they were great little birds and I would love to have some more. That little hen was one a few that had a set of spurs.

Hello Tulsa folks! I'm a newbie to chickens, and have one buff Orpington and two and a quarter RIRs. I say a quarter because one is blind and I think I'm going to have to put her down. Have any of you ever had a blind chicken? Advice is more than welcome.

I'm thinking about getting an EE and a silky. With only being allowed 6 hens in city limits, I'm not sure if they will fit into my needs for production. Anyone know how often they lay?

I want to get to my total of 6 in a few weeks. I'm currently working on scavenging lumber and materials for my coop. It's been going well so far, now I just need a ton of wire mesh. I found out the hard way that there are a lot of raccoons in the pearl district, so chicken wire just wont do the trick. I lost two of the three buff Orpingtons I got.

So how long has everyone here been keeping chickens? What else do you keep? I've been considering bees, and I'm pretty sure my girlfriend is going to make me do it. I also am thinking about quail.

Well, that is enough typing from my phone for now. Hope to hear from you all soon. Good night fellow Tulsa chicken people!

I`m about 10 miles south of Bixby in Hectorville.

I don`t have any birds on my yard at this time but my pens are still in great shape....That`s my shop on the left side and the right side is where my pens are, that end is fenced off with a gate access and inside there I have a area for feed, hay, ect and 2 pens that are 6`X 6` and 1 pen that is 6`X 3`. I am looking to get either OEGBs or AGBs.

Here is a pair of Grey AGB`s that I had several years ago, they were great little birds and I would love to have some more. That little hen was one a few that had a set of spurs.

Hey Elbert. Gosh your pen and shop area are in a beautiful place. I remember when my grass was green, ha ha. I don;t have either breed you're looking for but I'm suer you'll find some on here. Pop over to the okie thread and look around. Were you around any of that big fire i heard about tonight? Stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom