TULSA area Cluckers

Well I can't order as chick's bc I don't want to order the minimum of 15, or even 3 if I pay extra 50$ for shipping, as I don't want 3 of the same breed.

Also, I'd rather have slightly older probably "teenager" hens as I don't have the set up for chick's. Stocking my empty flock is proving a little more challenging than I was hoping for :(

If you don't mind chicks I say make the order you need to make and sell the extras. But if you want teenage hens you are probably going to have to pick them up in onesies twosies from different local breeders. Try asking in the other thread, Okies in the BYC III, or there are several large active Oklahoma poultry pages on Facebook.

Also, I'd rather have slightly older probably "teenager" hens as I don't have the set up for chick's. Stocking my empty flock is proving a little more challenging than I was hoping for :(

Our first we got from Craigslistings. I haven't been in Atwood's this week but Let's out EAST 11th had several tubs of different varieties. Great place!

I will point out for folks, if you don't think 6 is enough for you, according to TITLE 2 - ANIMALS [1]
CHAPTER 2. - AGRICULTURAL ANIMALS
Section 200. - Agricultural animal, ss EE.
Blah blah coop construction, distance from neighbors...

"shall not exceed SIX (6) ADULTS and FOURTEEN (14) CHICKS under the age of eight (8) weeks"

SO, the number 20 is obvious: You can keep your 6 adults for eggs and start 14 chicks every 8 weeks for meat.

NOTE: CHICKS = "<8 weeks".
How many meat breeds aren't ready to graduate to freezer camp at 8 weeks, yet are not adults yet? As yet untested as we've had no complaints, but do have 3 neighbors raising chickens of their own, and one family with a pig. In Eastish midtown.

I will point out for folks, if you don't think 6 is enough for you, according to TITLE 2 - ANIMALS [1]
CHAPTER 2. - AGRICULTURAL ANIMALS
Section 200. - Agricultural animal, ss EE.
Blah blah coop construction, distance from neighbors...

"shall not exceed SIX (6) ADULTS and FOURTEEN (14) CHICKS under the age of eight (8) weeks"

SO, the number 20 is obvious: You can keep your 6 adults for eggs and start 14 chicks every 8 weeks for meat.

NOTE: CHICKS = "<8 weeks".
How many meat breeds aren't ready to graduate to freezer camp at 8 weeks, yet are not adults yet? As yet untested as we've had no complaints, but do have 3 neighbors raising chickens of their own, and one family with a pig. In Eastish midtown.

Yep that fulfills the letter of the law. Good luck to ya!

Our first we got from Craigslistings. I haven't been in Atwood's this week but Let's out EAST 11th had several tubs of different varieties. Great place!

Yes Lee's Feed is great. They sell some of my chicks (in the metal brooder) and put hatchery chicks in the tubs when they get their orders in.

Yes Lee's Feed is great.  They sell some of my chicks (in the metal brooder) and put hatchery chicks in the tubs when they get their orders in.

Oh yea? The girls were looking at the varieties and I want sure which might have already gotten the Marek's vacc.
What do you have available?

Oh yea? The girls were looking at the varieties and I want sure which might have already gotten the Marek's vacc.
What do you have available?

Their chicks from the hatchery are probably vaccinated for Marek's vaccine. Mine are not, if that makes an influence on your choice one way or the other.

Right now from my flock Lee's Feed has Langshans, Black and Blue Copper Marans, Swedish Flower Hens, Sapphires, Easter Eggers. At home I also have BBS Ameraucanas. Hatching soon I will have several colors of silkies, svart honas, Cream Legbars, and Jubilee and Mottled Orps. Waitlist for Spitzhauben chicks.

You can see pics at www.chickenfanatics.com

Last edited:
Their chicks from the hatchery are probably vaccinated for Marek's vaccine.  Mine are not, if that makes an influence on your choice one way or the other.

A thorny issue to be sure but we haven't so far and had no problem when they were chicks. My only debate is introducing a couple layer replacement chicks when also getting a batch of broilers. Most of the locals with pretty layers don't have broilers in any quantity

Back
Top Bottom