Turkenstein25's Turkey Talk for 2015

Where did you purchase your Oil of Oregano and how much are you adding to their water. I read that most birds turn their beaks up at drinking water with the oil in it, but yet I keep reading great posts and articles about the benefits of using it with turkeys.

I purchased it at a health food store and I don't add it to their water, I add 10-12 drops to 1/2 cup vegetable/canola or corn oil and then mix that into about 6 cups of feed, mix it well and let them have it.. I don't add any more feed until they finish this off You can also sprinkle in a couple TBSP of Cayenne pepper which I do... I give them this concoction once a week now.

How many poults do you plan on hatching? lots!!! I hope to allow hens to brood. (Has anyone ever had a turkey hen hatch chicken eggs? Just curious.)
H
ey I have a Black that raised 4 chickens from eggs this summer. She was the best mom!

Waiting for march to order my turkey poults! This will be my first time raising turkeys so any advice would be welcome!!!! I plan on raising my turkeys up with my baby chicks and ducklings! I hope to hatch all turkey eggs I get this year to grow my flock and start selling them at a reasonable price along with my chickens and ducks. I plan on hatching my turkey eggs in an incubator until spring when I plan on just stop collecting my eggs until ALL of my hens are sitting on their eggs and then wait and see what comes out!:D

Waiting for march to order my turkey poults! This will be my first time raising turkeys so any advice would be welcome!!!! I plan on raising my turkeys up with my baby chicks and ducklings! I hope to hatch all turkey eggs I get this year to grow my flock and start selling them at a reasonable price along with my chickens and ducks. I plan on hatching my turkey eggs in an incubator until spring when I plan on just stop collecting my eggs until ALL of my hens are sitting on their eggs and then wait and see what comes out!
big_smile.png

If you are ordering turkey poults from a hatchery, I recommend that you order them now rather then waiting until March to order them.

If you don't already have turkeys, you should not expect any eggs from any of this year's poults until next spring. Turkeys are seasonal layers normally beginning laying in the spring of their age 1 year and continuing into the fall when egg production normally stops until the next spring.

If you are ordering turkey poults from a hatchery, I recommend that you order them now rather then waiting until March to order them.

I would order them sooner but the hatchery doesn't start hatching them until March so until then I am searching the web for hatching eggs to put in my incubator :)

If you don't already have turkeys, you should not expect any eggs from any of this year's poults until next spring.  Turkeys are seasonal layers normally beginning laying in the spring of their age 1 year and continuing into the fall when egg production normally stops until the next spring.

I would order them sooner but the hatchery doesn't start hatching them until March so until then I am searching the web for hatching eggs to put in my incubator
smile.png
If you want to get the poults in March, now is the time to order them. If you wait until March to order them, they won't be available until later since the early hatches will already be spoken for.

There are exceptions but for the most part, turkey hatching eggs won't be readily available until around March also.

Yep, we are in Southwest TN and although there is a lot of hanky-panky going on in the breeding pens, we don't get eggs until March and then we put ours in the incubator and wait until day 10-12 to candle before we'd even post the eggs were for sale. We do have a waiting list for both hatching eggs and hatched babies...I LOVE TURKEY BABIES!

Back
Top Bottom