Turkey and Chicken Coops The good the bad and the ugly post your Pictures

frank53061

Songster
8 Years
Jun 5, 2011
Location N/W Arkansas Hillbilly
Turkey and Chicken Coops The good the bad and the ugly post your Pictures.
There are people out there with great Ideas of designs of Coops The Fancy The not so Fancy and the down right Ugly coops that work for the purpose of what they were built for and great ideas need to be passed onto other to incorporate into there own builds.
Here is a picture of my Turkey slash Rooster Coop I would call it ugly but it works for what it was intended for.
Also built cheap.

i'm thinkin on getting turkeys next spring but not sure what kind of a coop they require. does it have to be off the ground. How big should it be for 10 turkeys. Yours looks a bit small . Can they all fit in there??
smile.png

Oooh I love showing off my coops (we built them all ourselves)

Coop 1 For the egg laying chickens

Coop 2 (Tractor for the meaties)

Coop 3 (For the BBWs)

Coop 4 (for our Bourbon Reds)

fence still a work in progress

Love that tall fence. We need that for our dogs, but that chain link is expensive. I was lucky to get a bunch of 4 ft used chain link for only a case of beer, LOL! I used it for the chicken run and our pig pen. I still got about 25 ft left I think but need the tall stuff for dogs. What did you pay for your fencing???this pic was when i first built it. Its totally covered with chicken wire to protect them from hawks and other flying predators.

Last edited:
All of them look great.

Hay Yukonchick how far out do you live that's great scenery of the hills or mountains in the back ground Its probably because I was brought up in the Ozark Hills my self.
If you live way out you probably do have some big problems with predators more so than I do.

Hey Frank,yeah its pretty scenic up here. I've been living in the Yukon for 3 years now in a small little place called Carcross or formally Caribou crossing about 45 mins south of the town of Whitehorse. They call it the city of Whitehorse but the whole entire Yukon territory only has about 35 thousand people. As far as predators up here, we do have alot. Wolves, coyotes, lots of black bear and Grizzlies, lynx, wolverine, weasels, marten, fisher and many birds of prey. But we don't have racoons, skunks or snakes in the Yukon. I've only had one problem with a bear so far. Set the two dogs after him. I've got all kinds of precautions, even put a baby monitor in the chicken house. a fake owl sits on the fence overlooking the chicken run. Did you check out all my pics in my profile??

Lol Thanks. I love all my coops But I LOVE your barn. Ive always wanted a barn. That is my next plan for the future, somehow save enough money to build a small barn
big_smile.png
. Wishful thinking but maybe one day...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom