Turkey bitten by fox?!?!

MrDankYT

Songster
6 Years
Feb 11, 2017
Today I checked out my turkeyturkey that was walking weird and saw a huge bite mark and it started all when I let my turkeys out of their coop one day and yesterday I spotted a fox sneaking around my chicken and turkey coop so I believe it's the fox. How can i get rid of the fox ( I live in swedish countryside so I think it's either not possible because another one would just move in or it's illegal) and how am I gonna treat the wound?

Pic

Attachments

• IMG_20180407_222250.jpg
    IMG_20180407_222250.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 21
Use neosporin without pain reliever. Keep wound clean, and keep the turkey separated from the other birds, as you don’t want them picking at it.
As for the fox, I’m afraid the only way to get rid of it is to trap it and shoot it.

That is. NOT the only way!! You can trap it, and transport it to a conservation area far away. Far away is preferred, but 10 to 20 miles is ok. Make sure no pests get in. I once had a chicken that was attacked by a fox, and maggots got in it and ate away the flesh attaching the skin to the neck. I culled it, becaise all of its skin was gone from its crop to its beak.

Thanks guys n girls I will be doing all that tomorrow because it's midnight here. I'll post results

What DO you guys think about trapping it and putting like a tracker collar on it with camera so I'm able to see where it's nest is and if it has babies because I don't feel like leaving pups to starve? Just an idea

I can see alot going wrong with that and there's probably an easier way to spot if it has pups like elongated breasts

UPDATE she is doing fine! Healing nicely and she is completely normal now except the part where she was bitten

Back
Top Bottom