Songster
Aug 31, 2020
West Coast
3-4 turkey coop made out of left over materials

Attachments

• 649D853F-B4B7-4F1C-812C-DBB47440FF98.jpeg
    649D853F-B4B7-4F1C-812C-DBB47440FF98.jpeg
    420.1 KB · Views: 90
very small...only for 2-4...but open to all advice. their feed and water is outside
Way too small for turkeys. Plan on at least 10 Sq. Ft. of clear floor space per adult bird. That might be big enough for one hen turkey to use as a nest but that is about it. It's big enough for maybe 2 turkeys to roost on top of it.

Way too small for turkeys. Plan on at least 10 Sq. Ft. of clear floor space per adult bird. That might be big enough for one hen turkey to use as a nest but that is about it. It's big enough for maybe 2 turkeys to roost on top of it.
Where my turkeys spend their nights.
20230217_064014.gif

My turkeys like to have lots of room to roost. They spread out and do not normally roost next to each other.

My Heritage turkeys don't like coops at all not even for roosting they prefer to roost outdoors. I just provide outdoor roosts with protection from prevailing winds. It doesn't matter snow, cold, rain they are outside. But I do have very large fenced and netted predator proof pens along with 1/4 acre fenced without netting and over 2 acres of pasture for free range. But I raise/breed many different Heritage varieties so that much area is not needed for a few birds, scaled down version of this would work for you but they do need a lot of space as @R2elk stated. A few pics of how my turkeys live for some ideas last 2 pics. is something like I would recommend for you? The building in 1st pic you would think they would use for roosting in bad weather, but they won't use it, it is now my brooder for poults.
IMG_0044.jpg
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_0243.JPG

My Heritage turkeys don't like coops at all not even for roosting they prefer to roost outdoors. I just provide outdoor roosts with protection from prevailing winds. It doesn't matter snow, cold, rain they are outside. But I do have very large fenced and netted predator proof pens along with 1/4 acre fenced without netting and over 2 acres of pasture for free range. But I raise/breed many different Heritage varieties so that much area is not needed for a few birds, scaled down version of this would work for you but they do need a lot of space as @R2elk stated. A few pics of how my turkeys live for some ideas last 2 pics. is something like I would recommend for you? The building in 1st pic you would think they would use for roosting in bad weather, but they won't use it, it is now my brooder for poults.View attachment 3416792View attachment 3416793View attachment 3416794View attachment 3416795View attachment 3416797View attachment 3416802
Beautiful turkeys!

Back
Top Bottom