Turkey finisher / corn and harvest time HELP

P-heasant

Chirping
Aug 18, 2022
So I have 4 turkeys 2 bronze x Crollwitzer
And 2 Norfolk Black x Crollwitzer

They are approximately 14 weeks old now and not very filled out.

I have been feeding them mixed grain, wheat / corn and barley. They are meant for Christmas harvesting so my main questions are:

1) will now until December harvesting be enough time to fill them out?

2) will corn or finisher pellets be the best for the job.

They are still foraging across the land which I’m going to stop daily and do a couple times a week and keep them in an aviary to reduce them filling up on grass and bushes etc but all advice welcome.

please note this is my first turkey harvest

Corn and other grains is great for fattening up most poultry quickly, but can become very upsetting to their bodies so make sure to feed them a variety of grains, pellets, and grasses, too. If you don't allow them to roam and run as much, they will get bigger compared to them roaming around with space to lose the fat and calories you want them to be storing. Give them good and healthy lives, but also remember that they're going to become food one day. Hope all goes well! They should be bigger in December, but it all varies...

Corn and other grains is great for fattening up most poultry quickly, but can become very upsetting to their bodies so make sure to feed them a variety of grains, pellets, and grasses, too. If you don't allow them to roam and run as much, they will get bigger compared to them roaming around with space to lose the fat and calories you want them to be storing. Give them good and healthy lives, but also remember that they're going to become food one day. Hope all goes well! They should be bigger in December, but it all varies...
Great thanks, I’ll get introducing pellets now and give them some reduced grazing time. I’ll probably pick the largest for Xmas and then save the others for next year.

Back
Top Bottom