Turkey poult with wry neck and strange scab...

Monfortfamily

In the Brooder
May 24, 2015
This is our first year with turkeys. We got 3 BBB that are prob about 10 weeks right now. I'm thinking we have 2 Tom's and 1 hen. A week or so ago the hen started showing signs of wry neck, and I thought it was in part due to a respiratory infection. So, I started giving her vitamin E, poly vi sol and tylan 50. I did all 2x a day.. The tylan for 5 days, and I'm still doing the vitamins. She seems to have slight improvement with the neck, but when I was holding her I felt a rough spot on her breast where I had done the tylan injections. Upon further inspection I found that there was a large area on her breast that looks like a big scab.

When I gave her the injections I alternated sides of the breast, and only injected right under the skin-not into the muscle.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can do, or just hope it heals? I will add pics when I go out for her nighttime dose of vitamins.

Here are some photos of the scab, and I tried to get one to show the wry neck, but she didn't want to cooperate!

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom