Turkey with Wry neck and respiratory

PolloGal

Songster
Aug 19, 2020
Eastern TN
I have a 3.5 month old bourbon red turkey with (mild) wry neck (he bends his neck all the way to his back, but rights it again pretty quick…happens a few times a day, mostly at night that I have noticed it is worse when he gets excited I think) that I have been treating for the past several weeks with selenium (sunflower seeds), vitamin e, and poultry cell. Just noticed this morning that he is really congested sounding. I was doing some reading about the relationship between respiratory issues and how they can cause wry neck. I gave him some vet Rx this morning, but is there anything else I can do? And how often (and how much) do I give him of the vet Rx? This poor little guy has had it tough from the start beginning with curled toes right from the hatch. (I hatched him). He is very sweet and I want to get rid of this fast to be sure nothing happens to him. I would appreciate any other suggestions to get him well. I just can’t have anything bad happen to him 😢

Last edited:
I also have another turkey poult…a bit younger…that has (a little less than) 1/2 of its left eye showing some ‘blue’ coloring? Worried about his vision…I will try to get a picture…

Hi. Regarding my wryneck turkey, Can anyone tell me if there is something else I should be doing for my little guy? I looked all over this site and found out the things I am doing already. I’ve read a lot about it, but it gets very confusing. Does anyone have any other ideas for how to help get him well? And how often/much to give him of the Vet RX? He is not easy to give meds to…he really fights it.

Hi. Regarding my wryneck turkey, Can anyone tell me if there is something else I should be doing for my little guy? I looked all over this site and found out the things I am doing already. I’ve read a lot about it, but it gets very confusing. Does anyone have any other ideas for how to help get him well? And how often/much to give him of the Vet RX? He is not easy to give meds to…he really fights it.
Yopu may want to try vitamin B complex. Mix it up at the rate of 1/2 tablet dissolved in one gallon of water. It should be the only source of water. No other additives should be in it. It should be made fresh daily.

Yopu may want to try vitamin B complex. Mix it up at the rate of 1/2 tablet dissolved in one gallon of water. It should be the only source of water. No other additives should be in it. It should be made fresh daily.
Ok…I will do that. I have them…bought just recently. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom