Turkey with Wry neck and respiratory

Oh…I see. I am sorry. I meant I would put it on food and feed him that food first…then put his other food down. But I get it. Thanks.
Half a tablet poured on his food is a much higher concentration than half a tablet dissolved in one gallon of water. He isn't going to drink a gallon of water a day.

Half a tablet poured on his food is a much higher concentration than half a tablet dissolved in othne gallon of water. He isn't going to drink a gallon of water a day.
I c. Thank you. I hope it will help. I honestly thought (and read a lot) that with wry neck…the neck ‘stays’ in the bent position unless you can get it to ‘go away’. But…his doesn’t do that…he just bends it all the way back (which is just so scary to see) and back again. Mostly at night…and when he stretches his neck upwards.

I c. Thank you. I hope it will help. I honestly thought (and read a lot) that with wry neck…the neck ‘stays’ in the bent position unless you can get it to ‘go away’. But…his doesn’t do that…he just bends it all the way back (which is just so scary to see) and back again. Mostly at night…and when he stretches his neck upwards.
Sounds more like stargazing than wry neck.

@Bantambird

Sounds more like stargazing than wry neck.

@Bantambird
Stargazing is usually a thiamin deficiency. I see it in poults and chick occasionally. Poultry cell by rooster booster has thiamin in it, check any supplement labels. Some supplements don't have thiamin. Sometimes it takes a few doses. When I see it, it is usually between a newly hatched and 2 weeks, but a weak bird might have a lot going on. Curled toes can indicate inbreeding problems.

Stargazing is usually a thiamin deficiency. I see it in poults and chick occasionally. Poultry cell by rooster booster has thiamin in it, check any supplement labels. Some supplements don't have thiamin. Sometimes it takes a few doses. When I see it, it is usually between a newly hatched and 2 weeks, but a weak bird might have a lot going on. Curled toes can indicate inbreeding problems.
Vitamin B complex has all the B vitamins including Thiamine.

Ok…so that’s what I have been doing…the poultry cell and the super b complex. Hopefully it will help. I am also doing Vet Rx for him and additional selenium via sunflower seeds and brazil nuts…so he is getting plenty. He doesn’t appear weak at all…in fact quite strong. you would think there was absolutely nothing wrong with him until you would see him at night time when this happens. It’s very seldom happens during the day and if I am holding him or keep him calm, it seems to stop. Is stargazing treated the same way as wryneck?

If I remember correctly, wry neck is more like a deformity and stargazing is a symptom of thiamin deficiency in poultry. They look similar, but wry neck might be a physical deformity. If it does turn out to be a deformity, then there will be nothing further you can do besides the support and love you are already giving him. If the problem doesn't ease, it might be time to consider it a physical deformity.

Back
Top Bottom