Turkey Talk for 2014

Here is what I have left of yesterdays hatch. I sold 8 and have a few eggs that I think are done for. One pipped externally then nothing happened.

Jerry, I got another little superstar! This one is in good condition too. I have no idea if it is boy or girl.

Everything here is a CLB!
Hi Ralphie,

I am guessing that you got confused and posted your new chickens in this turkey thread by accident.

Last edited:

My two Slate toms, doing what they do best! ;) They follow me around everywhere gobbling like crazy.

Blessings -

~ Aspen

I have a turkey that is just about the age to start laying. Just this week I noticed every time I walk up to her she sits down. I can pet her and she doesn't move. She has never done this before. She is still eating and looks fine. Could it be because she is getting close to laying and maybe feels funny? Or all of a sudden she just started to let me pet her. She has always been friendly but has never sat down in front of me like she is now.

I have a turkey that is just about the age to start laying. Just this week I noticed every time I walk up to her she sits down. I can pet her and she doesn't move. She has never done this before. She is still eating and looks fine. Could it be because she is getting close to laying and maybe feels funny? Or all of a sudden she just started to let me pet her. She has always been friendly but has never sat down in front of me like she is now.

Your turkey is assuming the position indicating she is ready to breed. There is nothing wrong with her, just your misinterpretation of the signal she is sending. Apparently she thinks you are a tom turkey.

My hen does the same ing but won't let my Tom bees her!!! She is a Goofball lol

Back
Top Bottom