Twin Chicks Double yolk

I'm concerned about cookies eggs however because she's been laying bantam sized eggs. They do have yolks and my Roo likes her so I wanted to see if they would hatch

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing these little guys. I have a black Cochin roo. The eggs that are in the incubator ate from RiR, nhr and whatever the heck Cookie is. There are 2 more doubles incubating as of yesterday.

She's a sliver laced Wyandotte

So they are still hachable? And ty I've always wondered what she was

I honestly have no idea. I heard that if you crossed a standard Roo with a bantam that the chick could grow to big in the small egg. That being said, I know yours are both standards but the egg is small, it might be the same concept. Although I have no idea I this is true. Why don't you try hatching it and see what happens? :) :jumpy

You can cross banties and standards with no problems. I have crossed jersey giants with japanese bantams before and had no issues with them. If its normal for her to lay small eggs, I dont think you will have a problem hatching them. I have had wyandottes in the past and I dont recall them ever laying terribly large eggs, I never had any trouble hatching their eggs.

You can cross banties and standards with no problems. I have crossed jersey giants with japanese bantams before and had no issues with them. If its normal for her to lay small eggs, I dont think you will have a problem hatching them. I have had wyandottes in the past and I dont recall them ever laying terribly large eggs, I never had any trouble hatching their eggs. 

Can you post pics if the jersey jap x? That cross sounds amazing! :D

Don't mean to put this off topic....

Back
Top Bottom