Two birds what sex?

I have two birds that I'm not sure what sex they are.

The Easter egger has been crowing for the last couple of weeks. I just thought that if it was a male he would have a bigger comb!!

Thanks!

He looks like my Oliver, in my avatar pic. I was told he was an Olive egger. Not really sure the difference between easter vs olive.

In my avatar , you'll see my (what I was told), was an Olive egger roo. Don't really know the difference between easter vs Olive. And his cone isn't that big either, he's not quite full grown just yet, but he's not going to be all *that big for a roo. His cone is bigger now, but still not as big as other roosters.

Easter Eggers potentially have genes for just about any color egg. Olive Eggers potentially have the right genes for dark, olive green eggs in particular. Olive Eggers are a more specific cross than typical Easter Eggers. The mix usually involves a dark brown laying breed, like Welsummer, Marans, or Barnevelder crossed with one of the blue laying breeds, either Araucana, Ameraucana, or Legbar.

Hey y'all, I think I have an Easter Egger as well. I got him from a friend. He called him an Easter Egger. Didn't think much about it at the time. I seem to pick up a lot of used chickens. So is it a breed or a mix breed? He is about 2 years old. I think he is a good looking bird, compact and well mannered. Thanks for any coments.

Hey y'all, I think I have an Easter Egger as well. I got him from a friend. He called him an Easter Egger. Didn't think much about it at the time. I seem to pick up a lot of used chickens. So is it a breed or a mix breed? He is about 2 years old. I think he is a good looking bird, compact and well mannered. Thanks for any coments.

Hatchery Easter Eggers started out from the same stock that the Araucana and Ameraucana were developed from. While private breeders worked to refine their stock to a specific standard, hatcheries have done no such thing. Their only goal is colored eggs. They routinely cross in higher producing breeds to up the productivity of their 'Ameraucana,' resulting in highly mixed birds.

Back
Top Bottom