two killed poults

rannug

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 8, 2014
Carroll Co., east central OH - IO
I have two guineas, two supposed blue palm turkeys, and assorted banties in the coop. A few mornings ago I let them all out, but two of the five poults were dead. Injuries to the side of their necks and shoulder. Something killed them. My first thought was the tom, but no way of knowing. The babies were not eaten. Since then I leave some out, some in, but never is the tom with them. And suggestions? Thanks

I am not understanding how many birds are together, you said you have two turkeys, I'm thinking adults, and also some poults, from where? I wouldn't mix species as turkeys can and sometimes do kill chickens, and adult turkeys and poults should be kept separated until the poults are bigger unless there's a turkey hen to protect them. It could have been any of them. Sounds like you have too much going on in one area.

I raised a few turkeys together and one got a hole pecks out of the top of its head by the other turkeys so could be turkeys Mice and rats have been known to cause damage and kill chicks/chickens

Back
Top Bottom