Tylan 50 Dosage for a Turkey

Hello-- I have one turkey (bourbon red) with a cough and clear eyes and another BBB turkey with a swollen face/sinuses and bubbly eyes. I'm using Terrmycin in the eyes of both. Now I think I need to use Tylan 50 powder in their water-- is this advisable? If so, what is the recommended dose per gallon, please? They've had this a few days and I need to do more now asap. Thanks in advance!
PS-- the rest of my chickins with them are not sick and I can quarantine these turkeys.
I'm thinking the chickens infected the turkeys who joined the flock last month.....

I have five turkeys. I have 3 hens and 2 toms. How do you know which Tylan to use? The Tylan 50, 200, or powder? Which is the best to use?

Where is the best and cheapest place to get it?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
I know I have two turkeys who have Infectious Sinusitis because they're sinuses swell a lot of the time. Two others have started making noises from either their nose or mouth, so I'm thinking they might have gotten it too.

Here's a post I posted a few days ago on this site if you want to look at it asking questions about my turkeys.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/939919/questions-about-my-turkeys#post_14414170

Thank you.

Quote:
Hi, I know no one has answered your question, but I'm hoping someone will, because I'm having the exact same problem with my turkeys, one has swollen sinuses, the other one is just sneezy. I have Tylan 50 powder, and I'd like to know how much to give them to clear this up . Can someone please help?? I don't have the injectable, only the powder to mix in their water. Thanks. Dianna in NM

Quote: If you have Tylan Powder, it's not Tylan 50.
big_smile.png
The amount each turkey needs per day is 60mg per pound. How good is your math?
There are 2500-2700mg of Tylosin in one teaspoon.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom