Tylan 50 Dosage for a Turkey

Quote:
CRD indications:

• Administer medicated drinking water for three days; however, medicated water may be administered for one to five days depending upon severity of infection. Treated chickens must consume enough medicated water to provide 50 mg per pound of body weight per day. Only medicated water should be available to the birds.
Turkeys:

• Administer medicated drinking water for three days; however, medicated water may be administered for two to five days depending upon severity of infection. Treated turkeys must consume enough medicated water to provide 60 mg per pound of body weight per day. Only medicated water should be available to the birds.

-Kathy

If you have Tylan Powder, it's not Tylan 50.
big_smile.png
The amount each turkey needs per day is 60mg per pound. How good is your math?
There are 2500-2700mg of Tylosin in one teaspoon.

-Kathy

You are correct, I checked the bottle, it says Tylan Soluble. My math is lousy, how to I administer that in one gallon water containers for my turkeys? And While I'm at it, what is the dosage for chickens?? This way I can keep it written down in case I need it again later. Thanks so much.

my turkey has a sinus thing going on and I have been giving him tylan 50 injectable but oraly 1 cc a day for the last week. he is still sick so I thought I would double check that I was dosing him correctly that's when I saw this. my question is does anyone know if I should stop giving it to him for a while then start again with 2 cc twice a day? or should I give him more now?

my turkey has a sinus thing going on and I have been giving him tylan 50 injectable but oraly 1 cc a day for the last week. he is still sick so I thought I would double check that I was dosing him correctly that's when I saw this. my question is does anyone know if I should stop giving it to him for a while then start again with 2 cc twice a day? or should I give him more now?

Welcome to BYC!

How much does he weigh?

-Kathy

thank you ive been using this site to answer questions for a while now but this is the first time ive asked for advice lol. I'm not sure his exact weight he is a one year old bourbon red tom I think he must be about 20 pounds

Back
Top Bottom