TYLAN 50--what dose?

Seaecho

Songster
6 Years
Oct 12, 2017
High Desert, S. CA.
I've 3 bantams that are sick. One is gurgling when excited, and two have irritated eyes. I ordered Tylan 50. Should be here today. How much do I give? I've read 0.2 and 0.5. Which is correct? And how many times a day?

I recommend 0.2 ml per pound of weight 3 times a day, or if you cannot manage that, give 0.3ml per pound twice a day. Give it orally, but it also can be given via injection into the breast muscle, alternating sides. It has been known to cause tissue damage from injections. It will help treat symptoms of MG, but will not treat viruses.

You are welcome. Here is a good article about the symptoms of many of the respiratory diseases that affect chickens, such as infectious bronchitis, MG or mycoplasma gallisepticum, infectious coryza, ILT, and aspergillosis to help tell what you might be dealing with:
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Many diseases cause them to be carriers, and some are chronic and can come back during periods of stress. Testing through your state poultry lab or local extension agent or NPIP tester can help to identify a disease.

Thank you! Sounds like they have CRD to me. I don't mind if they are chronic and the problem can show up again. They are just pets, and I don't want to lose them, so I will just treat them as needed.

My chicken weighs 6lbs. I read give .33 per pound 3x day for 5 days. This is 2ml total, but if I give .2 per pound, it adds up to 1.2ml total. Which dose would be best? will be giving orally only. Also, do you dilute or give straight? Tylan 50 purchased.

My chicken weighs 6lbs. I read give .33 per pound 3x day for 5 days. This is 2ml total, but if I give .2 per pound, it adds up to 1.2ml total. Which dose would be best? will be giving orally only. Also, do you dilute or give straight? Tylan 50 purchased.
Did you find out if you dilute or give straight when administering orally?

Back
Top Bottom